iPhone scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone scope

I’m working on teaching my daughter how to shoot through a scope and thinking about getting a iPhone scope to help her. Looking for advice on which one to get. Do any of you have one? What model works the best? She shoots a Savage 223.

IMO the iPhone scope is junk. I have one somewhere.

I would recommend getting a real scope to teach her.

Comment

An iPhone scope? Like something to set the phone in and aim with?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
        An iPhone scope? Like something to set the phone in and aim with?
        I think he is talking about the ones that attach to the scope so his kid doesn’t have to be right in the scope. So he can see what the kid is aiming at?

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
          I think he is talking about the ones that attach to the scope so his kid doesn’t have to be right in the scope. So he can see what the kid is aiming at?
          This is correct.

Comment

I made one with a heat gun, small piece of plexiglass, pvc fitting, and glue. Worked like a champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
              I’m working on teaching my daughter how to shoot through a scope and thinking about getting a iPhone scope to help her. Looking for advice on which one to get. Do any of you have one? What model works the best? She shoots a Savage 223.
              To me, if you are trying to teach her to "shoot through a scope" you need to get a scoped .22 and let her start practicing. No recoil, she can get really good and comfortable. Using any other accessory isnt going to teach her properly.

Those devices are cool and have their place for taking pictures and what not, but I dont know a whole lot about em.

Comment

Scoped bb gun would work too.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  To me, if you are trying to teach her to "shoot through a scope" you need to get a scoped .22 and let her start practicing. No recoil, she can get really good and comfortable. Using any other accessory isnt going to teach her properly.

Those devices are cool and have their place for taking pictures and what not, but I dont know a whole lot about em.
                  I have a scoped 22 also. The point of getting the iPhone scope is so I will know exactly what she is looking at when she is looking through the scope.

Comment

I think it would be fine to use to show her how to align the crosshairs but actually shooting with here looking at the screen will develop bad habits IMO

Comment

Up for the evening crowd.

Comment

Working...
                      X