Mid 40’s windy&rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    I'm in Woodsboro not far from you and they are running hard. I hunted this afternoon in 25mph wind and drizzle and there was deer everywhere. I'm going to be hunting for the next 8 days.
    That's about right. I got a decent Nine point and younger 8 on video driving out on Saturday mid day chasing a doe 50 yards from me in the truck. They didn't even care I was there. I'll be back on them next weekend and the following week.

Comment

No one every killed a deer sitting on couch at home....

Comment

I hunt have a lease just south of San Diego, sat today watched a 6, nice 8 chase a does up and down the scendaro,, IMO if the rut isnt here,, its close.. actually sat through the front deer stopped moving once the wind got above 15mph... activity is definitely picking up since last friday... ive sat everyday since last thursday today was by far the most active...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you got a chance to b in the woods, GO!! enjoy the great outdoors every chance u get and take in the wonders that God created. Can't see anything sittin at the house. Might b the deer of a lifetime come by. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
            If you got a chance to b in the woods, GO!! enjoy the great outdoors every chance u get and take in the wonders that God created. Can't see anything sittin at the house. Might b the deer of a lifetime come by. Good luck
            ^^^Bingo^^^

And best of luck to you

Comment

wind and rain will slow them up. This might be a good thing though because this full moon has had them moving all night long.

I think Friday is looking like a great hunting day though and this entire weekend. Expect a ton of movement IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                That's about right. I got a decent Nine point and younger 8 on video driving out on Saturday mid day chasing a doe 50 yards from me in the truck. They didn't even care I was there. I'll be back on them next weekend and the following week.
                Good to know they’re on the move

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
                  No one every killed a deer sitting on couch at home....
                  I hear ya, been in my stand since 5:30, hopefully they’re moving, wind died down and there’s a light drizzle, glad I came to the ranch

Comment

Originally posted by HenryP01 View Post
                    I hunt have a lease just south of San Diego, sat today watched a 6, nice 8 chase a does up and down the scendaro,, IMO if the rut isnt here,, its close.. actually sat through the front deer stopped moving once the wind got above 15mph... activity is definitely picking up since last friday... ive sat everyday since last thursday today was by far the most active...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Sounds like it’s pretty close, should be almost here, I’m 10 miles North of Alice off of 281

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                      Well said

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        ^^^Bingo^^^

And best of luck to you
                        I’m in the stand, thanks

Comment

I’m in the farthest south east corner of Jim Wells county.
                          Bucks are making scrapes and thrashing’s small mesquites.
                          Light rain and strong north winds but I’m out in it now awaiting first light.

Comment

Good luck, guys

Comment

I have killed many a deer in the rain during and after frontal passage.
                              Last edited by El Paisano; 12-06-2017, 06:28 AM. Reason: left out word

Comment

Go for it....you will regret it if you don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X