No announcement yet.

credit card got hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My debit card was hacked last year (I bought gas at the pump and did pay with debit instead of pay with credit). People got caught buying Netflix movies in Mexico!!!! They bought like 5 movies over 3 days. I had to laugh as the bank agent asked me if I was in Mexico when I called to report the fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here. Got a call last week that someone was trying to make a $300 purchase at Circle K in Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Dang that stinks. All we had to do is drive 10 mins to our branch and they made us another one on the spot.
        Yep. That's why I moved banks. I had USAA. Not going to get into all the really jacked up things that stupid bank did in a very short amount of time, but when my card number was stolen, it was the dumbest thing I've dealt with in a long time. It still infuriates me to this day.

To make matters worse, USAA is in San Antonio... where I live. And they told me they would have to MAIL me a new card because their local offices don't have the capability! And if I wanted it expedited, I would have to pay a fee for the express service. Their national headquarters is HERE! But they can't make me a card!

I walked into a credit union regional office that day, and they made me a card on the spot. I moved all my money to them, changed all of my direct deposits, and I haven't dealt with USAA's banking since.

Thieves suck. Banks with crappy fraud departments suck just as bad.

All the best,
        Glenn

Comment

It costs about $4 to buy a credit card number

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
            Every time I go to Canon City, Co and eat and buy fuel, my card gets hacked. Three years in a row.
            This is my home town. Not surprised

Comment

Originally posted by backinthegame View Post
              This is my home town. Not surprised
              Yep, two years ago, someone hacked my card and tried to buy $85.00 worth of food at a Colorado Springs Burger King.

Comment

Working...
              X