No announcement yet.

Gear lost to the hunt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just arrows at critters I did not hit. Cousin lost a knife in west Texas. Found it 2 yrs or so later. It was sun bleached white when it was recovered.

Comment

1990ish I was sitting in a tree nature called so I unbuckled my belt opened my jeans and a nice 8 walks down the road, grab my 30-30 and harvest my first buck. Forget to buckle up my belt and lost my brand new buck knife. I searched forever the next day for it with no luck. We left the antlers sitting on a cooler that night and something drug them off too. Oh well I still have the memories!!

Comment

I lost my GPS at old Sabine bottom WMA while hunting pigs. I was ticked at myself and all I could think about was all the hunting spots and important information that I lost. After me griping and ranting for 10 minutes my buddy I was with said " hey dummy I've had my GPS on the whole time so let's just go back and find it". It worked and he gets to tell that story on me every year.

Comment

Lots of knifes over the years. Left a fishing rod on the bank when duck hunting because we didn't have a dog. Went back the next weekend and it was gone. Lost a set of leupold binos once and back tracked where I had gone, never found them.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post

December Aoudad hunt in west Texas just hours before a major snow storm in 2011....Ammo, bedding, hunting clothes, coolers, personal items, boots, optics....on & on & on of other multiple items

Thankfully guns were in car & car moved just in time before it went up in flames!!!
            OUCH!! How'd the fire start?

Comment

Stabbed a pig with my favorite Gerber. He took off with it cus the serrated part wouldn't let go.

Comment

I know a guy who lost a shotgun on the walk back to the truck after a duck hunt. They put a post on THF and somebody found it and returned it.

I'm just about to lose my mind.

Comment

There's three eye brand knives scattered around W.T. Somewhere, seems like that's the only knives I lose, so I switched to case.

Comment

Originally posted by TxCreedXs View Post
                    OUCH!! How'd the fire start?

Here's the top-heavy culprit:

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunting1 View Post
                      Walking through the woods with my bow attached to my backpack and Mathews T series quiver attached to my bow. Had to walk through low hanging brush in a couple places and my quiver detached from the bow. Expensive quiver and not to mention all arrows with broadheads and lighted nocks. Never found it.

Similar story. My first year in Pike County. I tried to shorten walk to truck in dark after evening hunt by cutting across the rows of a freshly cut corn field. Stumbled multiple times before really busting my butt. Picked myself up and made it to truck. Next morning I decided to hunt furthest stand for a walk. I made it and after scurrying up tree, I realized my quiver and arrows were missing. I almost ran back to camp and luckily had 6 arrows. Made up some broad heads and hustled back to stand hour after daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Late November of 2001. I somehow lost my billfold in the woods when I was trying to get in a last minute hunt right before we were to fly to my inlaws in Atlanta for Thanksgiving. I had no time to get new I.D. and due to the security crackdown (6 weeks after 9/11) they would not let me on the plane- wife and young kids went on without me. Of course with them gone I went back out to the lease and had a great time by myself. For some reason my wife was a bit cold to me when they got back.

Comment

Pocket knives, and not just hunting. Lay them down, miss my pocket, who knows, but I help keep Kershaw in the black.

Comment

Lost my cell phone one year. One of my backpack straps pushed it up out of my overalls pocket and of course it was on silent and an area I was scouting. Somehow managed to backtrack and find it.

Comment

I've lost more case knives than I can count. If I had to guess I would say it's over 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Case knives. Gotta be up to 4 or 5 now. Can't give away these cheap dull ones though. Purposely left a climber in the woods once. I had enough of that uncomfortable and unsafe thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X