2015 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
    Kind of concerned I might miss the prime time whitetail chase. But I just cannot get out earlier than Sunday evening at the earliest. There's always mule deer that should be ramping up too though. Until then, I'll continue to live vicariously through you guys. Congrats again to all those who have tagged and good luck to those who are still sitting in ambush.
    U better hurry bc it's on like crazy on the red!!! Hunted my place down on mulberry creek at mouth of the red and deer were everywhere and horned deer w every doe we saw. Cold front now but I'm thinkin mornin is gonna b the day if this wind will lay at daylight!! My dad whacked a nice 10 today

Comment

Originally posted by Bretto22 View Post
      U better hurry bc it's on like crazy on the red!!! Hunted my place down on mulberry creek at mouth of the red and deer were everywhere and horned deer w every doe we saw. Cold front now but I'm thinkin mornin is gonna b the day if this wind will lay at daylight!! My dad whacked a nice 10 today
      Brother, that's not too encouraging, but it'll just have to be. Just landed here in Kansas last night and will take a couple of days to get the truck and travel trailer in Fully Mission Capable status. Looks like Monday evening will be on stand. Thanks for the update though!

I wish you guys all the best and that you stay warm. I'll report back from the stand in a couple days...hopefully with great news. [emoji106]

Comment

The cancelled the wind advisory but it's still blowing 20+. Peak time this morning is from around 8 to 10.

Kry226, you should be ok. All this week will be good. I wish I had some vacation time left, but I do get off early on Wednesday and have the rest of the week off.

Comment

Decided to sit it our in the trailer this morning. To windy for this old timer. Waiting for my son and grandson to get here today and then I'll get serious.

Comment

I'll be on stand this afternoon and plan to stay till I get it done! Sunday forecast looks perfect!

Comment

Windy here on the Kent/Stonewall county line but not really howling. Only one decent 8 in before the feeder went off. Nothing since. Still bowhunting so I am not seeing a lot of country. Propane went out on my Mr Buddy so it is a little nippy in my box blind but manageable. Sun just now hitting my feeder so maybe they will start moving. Doves are beginning to come in so maybe things are waking up. Good luck to all out today.

Comment

Monster 8 at 35 yards this mornin and 2 young bucks came runnin thru pushin same doe he was and he bolted out runnin them off bf I could take the shot. Is what is but I'm super pumped bout this evenin!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448145246.659100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	24416650

My wife's buck. Got him Thursday.

Comment

Unfortunately she got him with our Expedition.

Comment

Deer moving all over the ranch last night and today. Seeing lots of button bucks coming to the feeders alone. Bucks are feeling frisky and does are staying out of there way. This is about to be the first real good rut in three years. I shot a great 12 point last night. I'm still trying to get my son his first deer. Be back at the house tomorrow and will post whole story and pics of the 12 point.

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
                        You tell her it's cheaper to use a bow or rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                          You tell her it's cheaper to use a bow or rifle?

I thought she knew.

Comment

Dang. Sorry, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post

Should have let him go another year or 2!!!! Lol

Comment

Dad saw a buck last Saturday at 8:30 pm just east of the post office in Briscoe.

Comment

Working...
                                X