Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to adjust flemish twist string loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom limb back
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Bottom limb belly
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I agree with Bisch, it looks like you have it strung backwards. In this picture, it appears the tape measure is placed on the back side of the bow. The bow should be strung with the string on the side opposite of where the tape is. The tips bending away from the archer when the bow is unstrung is known as backset.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes you are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

My post posted late the yes you are was to stringing against the bend of the bow. I promise you have it backwards and if you draw it it will break without a doubt

Comment

How to adjust flemish twist string loop?

You are 100% backwards as to which side is the back and which side is the belly of that bow!

If you were to string that bow correctly, I'd bet my bottom dollar your original string would have worked just fine!

Bisch

Comment

Here ya go.

Rick
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Incorrect. It had me wondering...am I supposed to bend the darn thing back against the curve of the bow?....YEP!!!!
                  Fixed it for ya!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Brian, if you will examine the string grooves, they will tell you the truth.

On their back side they are higher, and wider than on the belly side.

That tracking of the grooves serves three purposes:

(1) - The width of the back side of the grooves, spreads the pressure point of the loops out across a larger area, thus aiding in the structural integrity of the tips.

(2) The lower outlet of the grooves on the belly side reduces the amount of bend in the loops, thus aiding in the structural integrity of the loop itself.

(3) The narrower outlet of the grooves on the belly side allows them to constrict/narrow for a better grip on the tip.

Rick

Comment

#3 should have read:

(3) The narrower outlet of the grooves on the belly side allows the loops to constrict/narrow for a better grip on the tip.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Incorrect. It had me wondering...am I supposed to bend the darn thing back against the curve of the bow?....Nope.

Pic of top limb belly.
                        Give it a try and see what happens when you get a string. Let us know how it works out. Good Luck!!!

Daniel here makes a great string

Comment

Well Ill be a monkeys uncle! I reckon Im having major a FNG moment.

Thanks for the pic and diagram Rick. Holding the bow, the grip seems backwards...prolly another FNG moment.

I really appreciate the persistence of this support group to illustrate my ignorance. Oh well, I reckon Ill be all the better for it.

Comment

Don't worry. I've felt lost and confused since September.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Man dont sweat it I can promise you that everyone in this thread has done something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                                Man dont sweat it I can promise you that everyone in this thread has done something similar

^ What David said. ^

Ignorance is a daily occurrence for me.

There's no shame in it, unless you don't try to learn when the opportunity is presented.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X