Time to get serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get serious.

I've hunted at the lease two weekends with my Hoyt. Two sits with my recurve mixed in. One evening and one morning set at my ranch with my recurve. A week in Missouri with my Hoyt with no shot at a legal buck presented. So far a doe and a pig have fallen to the Hoyt. Tonight I leave to my ranch and will only take the recurve. We have a work weekend planned but I will get at least a couple days of traditional hunts in. Time to get my first traditional kill. Tuesday I will head to my lease for about a week. I need to get things in the freezer so I can get to killing ducks. I will take the Hoyt, but will concentrate on using my recurve until I fulfill my goal. No more worrying about boy scout outings, no more doctor visits, no more "gotta get it done by the weekend dock work". Just time to get serious about what I love to do and do it in a manner that challenges me more than any I have tried so far.:

Good luck Gary.

Comment

Best of luck, after the first you might not ever pick up that hoyt again

Comment

Thanx Mike. And I doubt that. I don't like feeling, unsure, like I do now. When I shoot the Hoyt I am surprised if it doesn't hit what I shoot at. I'm not there quite yet with my recurve.

Comment

Awesome!! I hope you get one!!

Comment

Good luck Gary!

Richard.

Comment

Good luck brother!! Get it done! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Good Luck! You can do it!

Comment

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck, I know what you mean about being surprised when the compound doesn't hit "THE SPOT" . It takes time and patience but the recurve will work for you. Keep at it. Even my little spike with the new longbow last week felt like a titan to me. LOL. Clear your mind and let the arrow slip away. :-)

Comment

good luck buddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Thanx Mike. And I doubt that. I don't like feeling, unsure, like I do now. When I shoot the Hoyt I am surprised if it doesn't hit what I shoot at. I'm not there quite yet with my recurve.
                          Same here.

Good luck and enjoy the week off. I had a full week off and it was productive.

Comment

So far a lone doe passed by out of range. I hear the other guys stirring at camp headed out to check a pig trap. Still so many acorns still in these oaks. These deer should make it through winter healthy.

Well, except for the ones that don't end up in freezers.[emoji54]

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              So far a lone doe passed by out of range. I hear the other guys stirring at camp headed out to check a pig trap. Still so many acorns still in these oaks. These deer should make it through winter healthy.

Well, except for the ones that don't end up in freezers.[emoji54]

Gary
                              Same way here. I was working in camp the other day and it was unreal listening to how many acorns were falling and bouncing off those tin roofs.

Comment

Working...
                              X