No announcement yet.

Val Verde County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see any evidence of fire this weekend. We are 10 miles before you get to Pandale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah didn't see any sign of a fire. Guess the lease manager didn't know what he was talking about.

Comment

3 inches of rain here in Del Rio... Radar from earlier
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good!

Looks like it rained at the lease pretty good then as well. Anytime I look at the RADAR I'm looking at Val Verde County.

Comment

Looks like more rain for tonight!! Headed back up June 23rd for 3-4 days

Comment

We are getting hammered right now!! And I mean by rain for the smart aleck ones

Comment

Glad I found this thread. This is my second season on the Brewer. We had good bucks on camera late season but early season was tough. Pigs took over so we put in some feed pens around a few feeders. I'm already thinking about now season pretty much non stop! Can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Rain is setting up a good year so far. If VV keeps stacking good years it's gonna pay big time. The deer are there. Here's to hoping it's a cold dry winter so the deer hammer the corn.

Comment

Pedernal...

I'm guessing its looking pretty green out there right now. I haven't been out since the end of March/first of April. Itching to get out there and work on some hogs and add tot he coon carnage count. I don't wanna see any more rattle snakes in the cabin though. That was a real downer for the weekend.

Comment

Snake in the cabin would cause me to rethink for sure.

Sabre, y'all see any mulies? I've seen a few game cam pics but non in person.

Comment

We've seeon one...

but it was before I got on the lease. The guys next door have seen them along the Pecos River though. I saw a huge one just off the main highway on the last weekend of the regular season in January a few years ago. Locked up with a doe. I keep hoping a good one will present himself.

I hunted mulies for 30 years north of Van Horn in the Delaware and Apache Mountains. It will have to be a gagger before I kill it.

Comment

One of the guys on our lease just down the road from the Brewer killed a mule deer last year. I've never seen any though. We were out there last weekend killing coons. It was plenty green, and they got lots of rain last week. But as green as it is, I still have several at the feeders regularly. Still learning the area, its only our second year out there.

Comment

5th season on Brewer, 3rd season to see mule deer. We have only seen bucks though, most fairly young.

Comment

TP3, I've seen the quality of bucks killed on the brewer in years past by my group and also the solid deer we had on camera. We were picky and only killed 4 bucks last year. However, I was surprised at the number of young pencil horned deer brought to camp by other pastures. Is that the norm with some of the other groups there?

Comment

Any brewer hunters?

Comment

Working...
                                X