Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for home builders or people who built a home recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two electricians could completely rough in the electrical in a house your size in 4-5 days easy.

I think your GC is broke if $2K killed production for a month.

How much $$ did y'all put down on the build?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
      Two electricians could completely rough in the electrical in a house your size in 4-5 days easy.

My guess too. Something doesnt add up. Either electrician is owed some money and wont come back until paid or he is using your money to finish another job. A house sitting still for a month is crazy.

Comment

I’ve paid them 140k so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          I’ve paid them 140k so far.

Is it a local builder?

Comment

Is it a local builder?

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              Yes

You need to have a talk with him because from what you have posted about the house so far he is giving it to you harder than those neighbors that invited you over in that other thread wish they could. The dudes, not the chicks.

Your house won't get hot/power for a long way down the road. To tell you there's a $2000 hang up is a total bucket of stool and your buying it.

Find out why nothing is happening. It's inconceivable that an electrical rough can't be completed in a week much less a month.

Your four-five months into the build and your not even halfway done.

You have a problem. Drink up.

Comment

I've had 2 homes built, both went well. My current home was built by Chris Thomas (Granbury) and I would highly recommend him. He wasn't the cheapest, but he was honest and easy to get in touch with. If he didn't answer when I called, he would call/text back within 15 minutes. And, he stands behind his product!

Comment

I’m building houses between 2,400-4,800 SQFT homes in Frisco and we’re all carrying between 8-14 houses at a time. My build time is between 110-130 days. If I go over 140 days I’m fired. I did mess around a few months ago and did one old school, 90 day build time, it was only 3,400 SQFT.

Comment

You need to have a talk with him because from what you have posted about the house so far he is giving it to you harder than those neighbors that invited you over in that other thread wish they could. The dudes, not the chicks.

Your house won't get hot/power for a long way down the road. To tell you there's a $2000 hang up is a total bucket of stool and your buying it.

Find out why nothing is happening. It's inconceivable that an electrical rough can't be completed in a week much less a month.

Your four-five months into the build and your not even halfway done.

You have a problem. Drink up.

I haven’t sold my other house yet so I’m not in too big of a rush until this covid stuff of up but it’s concerning about the communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                      It shouldnt take over a year. Now that said if you are okay with it then it's a mute point. What's is your definition of "being built right"? Less than 1% of the general population will pay to have a house built right. It just isn't economical.
                      Definitely should not have taken over a year.
                      Future Retirement home and not retiring just yet.
                      So luckily no rush.
                      There was illness in his family along the way.
                      And a huge Custom house he was also building was enlarged
                      Halfway thru construction l
                      I may be a 1% ‘er. Don’t plan on selling it.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
                        I’m building houses between 2,400-4,800 SQFT homes in Frisco and we’re all carrying between 8-14 houses at a time. My build time is between 110-130 days. If I go over 140 days I’m fired. I did mess around a few months ago and did one old school, 90 day build time, it was only 3,400 SQFT.
                        Who do you work for?

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                          Who do you work for?
                          Landon Homes

Comment

I had our home built 2.5 years ago with a builder out of Granbury(Couto Homes). I love our finished product and the supervisor over our house got back with me every time I called or texted him but I had to stay on his behind to fix things that I caught that were wrong. What a builder(job supervisor) thinks is good communication and the home owner thinks is good communication is 2 different things. I even heard from a few people that had the same person we had and he only got worse. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X