• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing Pigeon sells for 1.4M

Who knew they could be worth so much .. may try to trap some and sell ‘em

That’s some pricy sqawb

Comment

That’s pretty cool. Had no idea there was such thing.

Comment

I hit one on lake fork 515 bridge one evening with more jewelry than Mr. T......... hope he wasn’t that pricey, cause he ain’t coming home for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
          Who knew they could be worth so much .. may try to trap some and sell ‘em

https://abcnews.go.com/International...45_null_sq_hed
          Ha ha you can catch some of those commons and sell them to people that are having a pigeon shoot . Racing Homers are a different bird . Used to raise and race them 25 years ago . It’s a different ball game now than it was 25 years ago there is some decent money in racing pigeons now .

Comment

Anyone who spends 1.4 million on a bird, much less a pigeon. I want to meet them. I am sure I can find a few things I could sell them for a lot of money, that will be dead shortly after they buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              I hit one on lake fork 515 bridge one evening with more jewelry than Mr. T......... hope he wasn’t that pricey, cause he ain’t coming home for Christmas
              Ha!! HA!! HA!!

Comment

We had one fly into the fire station bay door a couple years ago and die. Think I posted on here about it. Tracked it with the the numbers on the bands. Owner didn't seem too upset about it so I guess it wasn't worth 1.4 M. Not surprising since it took time out of its race to fly into a fire station.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  Anyone who spends 1.4 million on a bird, much less a pigeon. I want to meet them. I am sure I can find a few things I could sell them for a lot of money, that will be dead shortly after they buy them.
                  I hope they are freezing some of his DNA! [emoji23] some tweezers and vaseline....

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    I hope they are freezing some of his DNA! [emoji23] some tweezers and vaseline....
                    Lol. Dont forget a little coffee stirrer cut into 100 pieces to store the product in.

Comment

I met a guy from England, well connected dude (his godmother was Margaret Thatcher) and he said when he was a younger lad, he would head out to the English countryside and shoot racing pigeons as they flew on their route to the finish line. He had me rolling laughing so hard. That was over 10 years ago though, sure made for a good story when he told it

Comment

Better keep em out of Blanco County. We shoot thousands of pigeons....hand thrown. Bring em on, the faster they are the higher the Calcutta!

Comment

Had a buddy telling me all about these races about a year ago. He was fired up about the whole thing and about to start buying some. He lost $8k pretty quick and gave up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

My neighbor just put up a pigeon coupe about 10 ft from my fence. If those birds crapola on my stuff we gonna have some problems!!

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                              I met a guy from England, well connected dude (his godmother was Margaret Thatcher) and he said when he was a younger lad, he would head out to the English countryside and shoot racing pigeons as they flew on their route to the finish line. He had me rolling laughing so hard. That was over 10 years ago though, sure made for a good story when he told it
                              Yea, I could see me doing that. Even as an adult, after a few beers. That's pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X