Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual weekend at the FTW Stockyards is in two weeks. Food Recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual weekend at the FTW Stockyards is in two weeks. Food Recs?

We stay in the Stockyards and go to the Will Roges Saturday during the day. We have done all the usual stops at the Stockyards and may branch out. I'd like them to be close though so we can Uber if we want.

I need:
    Breakfast joint that has good options that aren't scrambled/fried egg dominated.
    Easy, quick and light lunch option...but still good.
    Really good dinner options...like Tim Loves joint, etc.

And go...

Where do y'all stay Jeff. Riley is wanting to run there and thought of making it a weekend

Comment

Stockyards hotel usually. Staying at the Marriott across the street this year. If y'all go stay at the Stockyards hotel...it's pretty neat.

Comment

H3 ranch for breakfast / brunch for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Marriott across the street from Billy Bobs is brand new

Reata at Sun Dance Square is really nice place to eat and not far. There are several other options in Sun Dance as well

Comment

Pancake house on university

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
              We stay in the Stockyards and go to the Will Roges Saturday during the day. We have done all the usual stops at the Stockyards and may branch out. I'd like them to be close though so we can Uber if we want.

I need:
              Breakfast joint that has good options that aren't scrambled/fried egg dominated.
              Easy, quick and light lunch option...but still good.
              Really good dinner options...like Tim Loves joint, etc.

And go...
              I live in Fort Worth and don't go to the stockyards but if you're willing to drive a bit I suggest the following:

1. Lunch - anyplace on Magnolia street (hospital district). I like Shinjuku station (japanese/sushi) or Lili's Bistro (get the Gorgonzola fries). Alternatively, a friend of mine just opened a place called 4 sisters Vietnamese) and he's an awesome chef. Lastly, if you want some awesome mexican from a place that only takes cash and will make you question the health inspector - Meli's (it's dang good grub though).
              2. Dinner - capitol grill downtown is arguably the best steak in town. Reatta has great wild game/steaks and if it's warm enough, their roof top bar has a great view. Bonneells is a top 5 restaurant in dinner for town. Finally, there's a place I haven't tried called B&B Butcher shop (steakhouse) that has been getting raving reviews.

And for the record, Tim love makes great food but he's a jack wagon and every place I mentioned for dinner is as good or better than any of Tim's places.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                The Marriott across the street from Billy Bobs is brand new

Reata at Sun Dance Square is really nice place to eat and not far. There are several other options in Sun Dance as well
                I'm a Marriott Rewards member so this is most likely where I would stay

Comment

Horseshoe Hill Cafe

Comment

Joe T Garcia’s is just up the street from the stockyards

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                      I live in Fort Worth and don't go to the stockyards but if you're willing to drive a bit I suggest the following:

1. Lunch - anyplace on Magnolia street (hospital district). I like Shinjuku station (japanese/sushi) or Lili's Bistro (get the Gorgonzola fries). Alternatively, a friend of mine just opened a place called 4 sisters Vietnamese) and he's an awesome chef. Lastly, if you want some awesome mexican from a place that only takes cash and will make you question the health inspector - Meli's (it's dang good grub though).
                      2. Dinner - capitol grill downtown is arguably the best steak in town. Reatta has great wild game/steaks and if it's warm enough, their roof top bar has a great view. Bonneells is a top 5 restaurant in dinner for town. Finally, there's a place I haven't tried called B&B Butcher shop (steakhouse) that has been getting raving reviews.

And for the record, Tim love makes great food but he's a jack wagon and every place I mentioned for dinner is as good or better than any of Tim's places.
                      Just booked the b&b. It looks awesome. Thanks for the tip. And yes, Tim Love is an arse hat but he makes good food.
                      Last edited by JeffJ; 01-03-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                        Just booked the b&b. It looks awesome. Thanks for the tip. And yes, Tim Love is an arse hat. It he makes good food.
                        Also forgot about the modern. I think they only do food on Friday night and lunch on Saturday and maybe Sunday - but it has a really awesome view and the food is top notch. Then you can tour around the museum a bit if that's your thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X