Boy scouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all of you that are so upset about this, answer this:

Why now are you upset with the Scouting program taking females in the program?

Scouting started in Europe, with Baden Powell. The program in Europe has included women for a long time. Only the US program just recently added the "opportunity" for females to have their own pack/troop IF they can gather the leadership to run such program....just like any other new scouting program requires.

The Adventure Scout program has been including females for many years and very successfully. The Other (copycat I may add) program for girls does not compare to the training, leadership organization and skills that are found in the Scouting program. Females can be a part of the program leadership of a Scout Pack/Troop and have been doing so for years, without issue.

I have been to many a summer camp where females attended in leadership positions and I cannot think of one time where they were not capable or qualified to do so.

The scouting program is a great program. Can you blame the females for wanting to be a part of a great program that teaches awesome leadership skills and develops real leaders?

They have even taken the requirement of keeping them separate and written it as a rule. FINALLY, scouting has made a decision that will really reflect true growth to the communities they serve and to the organization.

Allowing Openly gay leaders was a big deal....This one, not so much.

Comment

What about the folks that "self identify" as trans-gender or bi?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post

Scouting started in Europe, with Baden Powell. The program in Europe has included women for a long time. Only the US program just recently added the "opportunity" for females to have their own pack/troop IF they can gather the leadership to run such program....just like any other new scouting program requires.

The Adventure Scout program has been including females for many years and very successfully. The Other (copycat I may add) program for girls does not compare to the training, leadership organization and skills that are found in the Scouting program. Females can be a part of the program leadership of a Scout Pack/Troop and have been doing so for years, without issue.

I have been to many a summer camp where females attended in leadership positions and I cannot think of one time where they were not capable or qualified to do so.

The scouting program is a great program. Can you blame the females for wanting to be a part of a great program that teaches awesome leadership skills and develops real leaders?

They have even taken the requirement of keeping them separate and written it as a rule. FINALLY, scouting has made a decision that will really reflect true growth to the communities they serve and to the organization.

Like I said earlier none of the ones complaining are contributors. Even Junior there with his back ground probably isn't currently involved and contributing. My last son eagled and aged out over 5 years ago. My participation has been to continue it for those kids whose parents can't or won't. All of these "won't support them any more folks" probably don't now so . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post

I'll admit when I first heard about this a while back, around the time they were introducing same sex restrooms, I just thought that this was more of that nonsense. After reading this thread though I have changed my mind. Creating a separate troop for girls to participate in so they can experience things that apparently the GS's are not offering is a good thing in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            What's the * for at the bottom of that chart? That IMO is a false flag.
            Why so? The charter organization is actually very powerful in the planning and running of a troop. They have the final say on Scoutmasters and Committee Chairperson's who ultimately decide the direction and manage a troop.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              I'm a Eagle Scout, along with my two older brothers. I for one find it ridiculous that this is happening. I will have nothing to do with the Boy Scouts from here on out. It's just wrong! It's not the BS's fault that the GS's are not doing the things the BS do. Step up if you don't like it and make those changes to your program!
              What do you find ridiculous?

I don't understand the comparisons the girl scouts. They are very different organizations with different structures and operations.

Comment

What's the * for at the bottom of that chart? That IMO is a false flag.
                The asterisk references the pivotal point of the entire change. Above, where "boys and girls" are said to be allowed in cub dens or scout troops, the asterisk denotes that the separate troops will occur only where they can be supported.

If by "false flag" you mean that the entire program change is a ruse to act as a stepping stone to gender integration within existing troops, that is different. We all know that "separate but equal" did not work for races in education. Question is: is the current shift simply allowing the nose of the camel to get into the tent, with the rest of the critter soon to follow, with full gender integration within existing troops just around the corner?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Why so? The charter organization is actually very powerful in the planning and running of a troop. They have the final say on Scoutmasters and Committee Chairperson's who ultimately decide the direction and manage a troop.
                  I guess what I mean is in reality they can only say that but not enforce it. BSA's rules do not supersede State and or Federal Law. First charter that tells a girl NO is going to get sued by a hundred ACLU lawyers and lose. I feel like that would be the natural progression in our current climate. They have already ruled you cant tell someone no based off their sexual orientation, race, religious beliefs, etc..... Separate but equal will not fly in any court of law Im afraid. I could be wrong. It seems to me the BSA's lawyers would know this and that the bottom asterisk is inviting said suit so they can go ahead and combine the whole thing which is what they want, higher numbers.
                  Last edited by Ætheling; 05-03-2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    The asterisk references the pivotal point of the entire change. Above, where "boys and girls" are said to be allowed in cub dens or scout troops, the asterisk denotes that the separate troops will occur only where they can be supported.

If by "false flag" you mean that the entire program change is a ruse to act as a stepping stone to gender integration within existing troops, that is different. We all know that "separate but equal" did not work for races in education. Question is: is the current shift simply allowing the nose of the camel to get into the tent, with the rest of the critter soon to follow, with full gender integration within existing troops just around the corner?
                    See above. Yes.

Comment

For the record I am an Eagle Scout and thoroughly enjoyed the program. Even got bumped up a rank upon enlistment because of it. My comments aren't to degrade the BSA.

Comment

what a joke! I wont ever support them again or give them a $

What happens when you let the sensitive, sick, cry baby left run things. What a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          I am a current Asst. Scoutmaster for my son's troop. I have seen all the BSA information. I can tell you that nothing significant will be changing. There will not be integrated programing.

BSA is creating a girls program with in it's current structure for girls between 11 and 14. BSA has had girls in it's explorers/venture crews for 14-21 year olds since they started. That is a much smaller part of BSA and so doesn't get as much attention.

The bottom line is there will be a choice given to the troop leadership and the charter organization as to whether or not the troop wants to run a girls program. That girls program will run separate to the boys program. In reality while a troop might have both a girls and boys program and they will both wear the same troop number they won't do anything at the same time or same place.

The reality of this is that each girts program will have to have a separate set of adult leadership to make it run as they won't be allowed to camp at the same locations as the boys programs. That means twice the adults for camping weekends. It hasn't been stated yet but troops may even have to run separate troop meetings to support both programs.

My son's troop has a very active set of adults supporting it and our last recharter had as many adult scouters as boys. We don't have the number of adults to make a dual program run properly. I think this will work in specific unique situations but don't expect it to be the norm.
                          Enabling this behavior to continue by justifying it and saying the boys you are in charge of won't be affected.

The liberal left allowing girls into BOY scouts was all I needed. Give them an inch and they will take a foot

Comment

For the record I am an Eagle Scout and thoroughly enjoyed the program. Even got bumped up a rank upon enlistment because of it. My comments aren't to degrade the BSA.
                            I'm an Eagle as well. I would've loved having girls on the campouts

Instead the weird kid who stole his dad's playboys were all we had

Comment

I first was against it. After seeing how they are doing it I am fine. Anybody that is against it is ridiculous. If they would have come out and made it to where girls could join the troops then I would not like that. This is no different then a few parents not liking adults in a troop and getting their own organization to charter their own troop. As for the people that say they won’t give any money why would you spite the people that have nothing to do with this. Find their fundraiser where money stays in the troop. Our troop won’t have any girls as long as current leaders are involved.

Comment

I have no dog in this fight as I'm not a former Scout nor do I have children currently in them. I find it rather odd though that so many of you are actually upset that girls/young woman would be afforded the same opportunities as boys/young men to gain leadership, work ethic, learn about the outdoors, etc. What if a girl/young woman was from a single parent household with no father to teach her? maybe dad has passed and other male family members are not interested? Its already been stated that Girl Scouts is a different organization with poor ADULT leadership, why should a young female not be able to move into an organization that is more supportive and organized?

So those of you that are upset, do you have a daughter? If so what if she wanted to join the Scouts, would you let her? or tell her no, its for boys--sorry. I guess you would take her down to the local GS and have practice her drawing and selling cookies.

Comment

Working...
                                X