Help ID a Browning Citori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID a Browning Citori

So I bought this Citori with both 12 and 20 gauge barrels in a leather case, but I'm not sure what model of Citori it is. I've searched multiple sites with no luck. Serial number ends in RRJB4. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
    So I bought this Citori with both 12 and 20 gauge barrels in a leather case, but I'm not sure what model of Citori it is. I've searched multiple sites with no luck. Serial number ends in RRJB4. Any help would be appreciated.
    RR is for 1977, not sure on the JB4 part

Sorry, J means both gauges. Still working on B4

No idea on the B4, but best guess is it is telling what chokes.
    Last edited by niceg3s; 05-20-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Looks like a 77...good snag.

Comment

Thanks for the info gents. Shot a sporting clays match today and this thing shoots lights out. I'm super pleased with my purchase.

Comment

You did really good...I'm not a browning ou guy but like those older sets.

Comment

From the markings on the barrels, both barrels on both gauges are skeet chokes. Will those be ok for dove hunting in central Texas? Thanks again for the insight.

Comment

Here's an ad from 1977 field and stream. Gives you an idea of what was offered in 1977, never found anything else on the numbers.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm no help but that's a cool gun

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                  Here's an ad from 1977 field and stream. Gives you an idea of what was offered in 1977, never found anything else on the numbers.
                  WOW!! 400 bucks. That's crazy

Comment

Yes...skeet chokes work fine. Just keep shots close.

You may want to pattern the gun

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                      WOW!! 400 bucks. That's crazy
                      If it has skeet chokes, it is probably the skeet combo for $872.50. As far as hunting doves, I use a cylinder choke in a 30" barrel to shoot most clays. Skeet is more restrictive that cylinder, but not as much as improved cylinder. Depends on the barrel length and load, but it should be effective out to 25-30 yards.

Comment

Anyone knows what the approximate value would be for an older Citori in 410 that has never been shot

Unsure on wood grade but highly polished

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                          Anyone knows what the approximate value would be for an older Citori in 410 that has never been shot

Unsure on wood grade but highly polished
                          No idea, but I'll try to help you out with the serial number. I need to get a current book. I usually look what they are bringing on gun broker or Cabelas gun library.

Comment

Niceg3s, do you think it would be adventaous to have the barrels threaded for choke tubes? I've heard it it being done with good results, but not sure if it would be worth the cost. Thanks for your wealth of info sir.

Comment

Brileys in Houston does awesome choke tube work!

Comment

Working...
                              X