Gold Tip blems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Tip blems

I'm beginning to not like these GT blems at all. Out of the last 2 dozen I've ordered ice had the inserts push back inside the shaft and split out the shaft. I'm using the inserts that are sent in the package. I'm not saying that I don't miss but when they do this on a pretty shot up javilena in the kill zone it's pretty sad. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396153135.734708.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	25012836
    Last edited by trad"Doc"53; 03-29-2014, 10:22 PM.

Wow. Haven't had trouble with mine, but that looks bad...especially for hitting the target.

Comment

Doc, you did that with the arrow still hitting the foam target? Those look like they hei a concrete wall or rock? You sure you are not hitting the metal inside the target that the target stand goes up into thru the legs?

I split the end of a shaft like the top one in the pic at the HCB shoot last month. They had a skunk target that was set up for a Texas Heart Shot. I hit in the 8 ring but the arrow hit the pipe in the leg inside the target. I was mad!

Bisch

Comment

The arrow with the field tip in it was in the 10 ring. I saw where it came out and dug around to see if maybe there was a glue on tip in there and felt nothing. The middle arrow may have caught the top edge of the leg insert. The bottom arrow was from a couple months back where I missed the target, when I pulled it out of the dirt it looked like that. It just seems that I never had this trouble before, been shooting these Traditional shafts since they first hit the market and they were honestly the toughest arrow I had ever shot.

Comment

Only had one do that, but I hit the iron buck.....

Comment

I used to shoot GT Trads and had the same mushroom effect often shooting the Rinehart buck in the backyard. There is a piece of metal in the leg and most times if I made a low shot and hit the front leg, the shaft was toast.

Comment

hit a metal container and that happen

Comment

What kind of glue are you using for the inserts?

Comment

I would wager that it is not the shafts fault, blem or not. Something hard is being hit. Beyond that, all blems I have ever purchased were blems because they did not pass the straightness tolerance test. It had nothing to do with the integrity of the shaft. I doubt they would sell blems that they felt were weakened in any way.

Comment

tuning in, have shot gold tips in the past and am interested in the results

Comment

The tip of that field point looks flattened.

You sure you're not hitting metal?

Never had the issue, been using the same arrows for a while.

Comment

No issues with mine, about to order one more dozen

Comment

The one with the field tip as stated earlier, came out of the 10 ring area on my shot up javelina. I thought maybe there hd been a glue on head pull off that it hit but couldn't find anything. It just seems that these aren't as tough as they used to be, i've ruined more arrows in the last 4 months than I have the previous 4 years it seems like. Oh, and Rick, using the same super glue I alwas have. I thought maybe it had something to do with the inserts, they caught my eye as being a little different some how when I built the arrows.

Comment

That's crazy doc! Never had anything but good luck with the blems. Maybe you just got a freak dozen that were weak? I have a couple dozen bare shafts here at the house if you wanna try some and see if you have the same results!

Comment

Working...
                            X