Sonora TX 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    All of the deer on my place are hungry!!! They are tearing up the alfalfa. Protein to start in a couple weeks.

I know they are bad, but I wish I had a couple pigs to shoot once in a while!!!

Oh yeah, I saw the first axis on my property about a week ago! It was just a doe, and I did not shoot her. I’m really hoping she went back to all her friends and told them about the new “restaurant” in town! [emoji106]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got plenty waiting for you guys! Just need to get here in March. Tell those youngsters to bring plenty of arrows this year

Comment

Sonora TX 2018-2019

Most likely getting on a lease about 8 miles south of Sonora this season. Wondering if anyone uses cell cameras in that area. I have Verizon for my personal cell and it’s spotty at best unless on a ridge. Wondering if AT&T cameras are good for the area. I would love to be able to see the pics as they come in being I live in SE Tex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by SlinginStix; 02-03-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlinginStix View Post
        Most likely getting on a lease about 8 miles south of Sonora this season. Wondering if anyone uses cell cameras in that area. I have Verizon for my personal cell and it’s spotty at best unless on a ridge. Wondering if AT&T cameras are good for the area. I would love to be able to see the pics as they come in being I live in SE Tex.

It’s hit or miss. AT&T is a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by SlinginStix View Post

I have a spartan ATT camera and I get perfect service at my place. It’s about 8 miles west of town.

Comment

Appreciate the insight guys!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
              I have a spartan ATT camera and I get perfect service at my place. It’s about 8 miles west of town.
              How far off I-10 are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                How far off I-10 are you?
                About 5 miles south of I10

Comment

About 5 miles south of I10
                  Ah, we're about 15 miles South and can't get a signal unless we get on a ridgetop with a clear North or East view.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    Ah, we're about 15 miles South and can't get a signal unless we get on a ridgetop with a clear North or East view.

We are 10 miles South of 10 and ATT gets spotty about the 7-8 mile mark. My Verizon cameras work the best out there.

Comment

Hey guys we're unfortunately getting off of our lease and wanted to put a couple items for sale here first before i put them on the classifieds....im selling a 4x6 big dogg deer blind on an 8 ft tower and an all seasons 300lb feeder...stand is a year old and the feeder is 2 years old....stand was 1700and feeder was 300...will take 1500 for both

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post
                        Hey guys we're unfortunately getting off of our lease and wanted to put a couple items for sale here first before i put them on the classifieds....im selling a 4x6 big dogg deer blind on an 8 ft tower and an all seasons 300lb feeder...stand is a year old and the feeder is 2 years old....stand was 1700and feeder was 300...will take 1500 for both

I may take that stand, do you want to sell those hog panels?

Comment

Sorry to hear about the lease. I seem to recall you were on the Dan Cauthorn place and this was your first year. Was it the deer quality or other concerns prompting the departure?

Comment

I may take that stand, do you want to sell those hog panels?
                            Some of them are in rough shape from cows but you can have them if you take the stand

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                              Sorry to hear about the lease. I seem to recall you were on the Dan Cauthorn place and this was your first year. Was it the deer quality or other concerns prompting the departure?
                              We had a couple guys get off for that reason..no trophies were taken but i believe it was just mostly a lack of age structure..the trophies have to be 5 1/2 to shoot and we have some great up and comers and some that were right there this year that look good for this season....we would have liked to stay on but a limited guest policy for our families and the guys who got off kinda trash talked the place to our other friends and made it hard to fill spots with people we know and we would like to hunt with people our kids know and are familiar with....
                              It will be a great spot for somebody

Comment

We had a couple guys get off for that reason..no trophies were taken but i believe it was just mostly a lack of age structure..the trophies have to be 5 1/2 to shoot and we have some great up and comers and some that were right there this year that look good for this season....we would have liked to stay on but a limited guest policy for our families and the guys who got off kinda trash talked the place to our other friends and made it hard to fill spots with people we know and we would like to hunt with people our kids know and are familiar with....
                                It will be a great spot for somebody
                                So is everyone getting off the lease ? If so put up the details I've group looking in the Sonora area. Or you can send me a pm if you don't want to put it out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X