Possible record bow buck, shot placement, recovery, entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible record bow buck, shot placement, recovery, entry

Scenario. At your lease and you have been eyeing a HUGE, freakin low fence buck for a while.

Big enough that you know two things. He will be your biggest buck EVER and he will also possibly shatter the P&Y record books. Not to mention the Texas Big Buck contest etc. etc.

Buck is in at 20 yards. Breath, release and your shot goes further back behind the ribs. You know for a fact it was less then the perfect shot and you wait.

You look and observe few droplets of blood but more intestines juices. Call in a dog, more trackers and the buck is not found. You exhausted all you can.

2 weeks later the buck is found. It is YOUR buck the one you shot. It will shatter records. Would you claim it and enter it? Call it good and chalk it up as it could have been? Or???

I listened to that podcast too....

Comment

So what did you do ? Inquiring minds want to know? Lol

Comment

Depends. Did I find it by trespassing on someone else's property then dispatching said buck with a pistol under the cover of darkness?

Originally posted by MLank View Post
        So was really a thing? I'd like to know what the circumstances were then. I mean why wouldn't you claim the buck?

Comment

Waiting on your input on this thread. You left us hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Depends. Did I find it by trespassing on someone else's property then dispatching said buck with a pistol under the cover of darkness?

So was really a thing? I'd like to know what the circumstances were then. I mean why wouldn't you claim the buck?
            I think so, at least somewhat. It was all a part of a MeatEater podcast conversation with Steve Rinella.

Comment

Yep. I am addicted to the pods from Steve, Newberg etc. They gave their own ideas. Just curious what GS would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Waiting on your input on this thread. You left us hanging.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=692543
                Yeah. I would NOT let them search. They can take me 2 jail

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                  Yeah. I would NOT let them search. They can take me 2 jail
                  Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                    Yep. I am addicted to the pods from Steve, Newberg etc. They gave their own ideas. Just curious what GS would do.
                    I am in the same boat. Do you watch Randy Newberg on Youtube as well? Lots of hunting content. I enjoy this "new style" of hunting show, where each 10 to 20 min video is one day of the hunt.

Comment

To answer your question, I assume the hide is out of the question. So, I'd take the skull and antlers to have a euro mount and a story, but no record.

Comment

I am in the same boat. Do you watch Randy Newberg on Youtube as well? Lots of hunting content. I enjoy this "new style" of hunting show, where each 10 to 20 min video is one day of the hunt.
                        Yep and Amazon Prime has his shows as well as Solo Hunter and quite a few others. Check em out if you get a chance.

The pods I listen on my daily commutes to work. Good stuff, imo.

Comment

If I found it, I would definitely claim it. Why not???

If someone else found it, then it would depend on me being able to convince them that I shot it.

I shot a buck in Kansas a few years ago and could not find it. Had to leave the next day. Lakefork and my nephew found it a mile away the next summer. No question it was mine, and they brought me the rack.

Comment

I would claim it for sure! I killed it, and eventually found it.

Comment

Same here. If the person can live with themselves, then have at it. Personally, I would be more upset that I lost all that meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X