Leave the Snake Alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave the Snake Alone

Here is another one gone from the gene pool.

"My message is you don’t mess with snakes," the bite victim's widow said. "If you hear it rattling, you leave it alone."

Sad. I feel for his family especially his wife. Might have been a good guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone hear from okrattler today?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post

Plus he was 57 so he probably wasn't going to make any additional contributions to the gene pool.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          Anyone hear from okrattler today?
          Still alive and kickin. Thanks for thinkin of me though.

And with all due respect Roberta.....don't tell me what to do. Thanks.
          Last edited by okrattler; 05-02-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Can’t fix stupid

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post

Probably better than some of the guys that get on here and judge people they know nothing about. He died of a heart attack. That doesn't make him stupid. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't be dead. It's no different than people that get stung by a bee or wasp and go into anaphylactic shock. There's nothing stupid about it,**** just happens sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                Still alive and kickin. Thanks for thinkin of me though.

And with all due respect Roberta.....don't tell me what to do. Thanks.
                I first thought about you as well

Comment

Probably better than some of the guys that get on here and judge people they know nothing about. He died of a heart attack. That doesn't make him stupid. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't be dead. It's no different than people that get stung by a bee or wasp and go into anaphylactic shock. There's nothing stupid about it,**** just happens sometimes.
                  No, he died because he was an idiot.

I've been stung by wasp a bunch of times, not once was I intentionally screwing with them. Your analogy is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

I've been stung by wasp a bunch of times, not once was I intentionally screwing with them. Your analogy is stupid.
                    How you gonna call the man an idiot? Maybe disagree with his choice but dang dude...

Comment

You have done something stupid before, lots of times depending on how old you are. Didn't cost you your life obviously. Smart people sometimes do stupid things.

Could he have gotten the snake out of the road safer and easier without any harm to himself or the snake? Yes. Is it still a tragedy and this guy could have been a good father and smart considerate man? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                        How you gonna call the man an idiot? Maybe disagree with his choice but dang dude...
                        He picked up a live rattlesnake it bit him in the hand. He then picked it up with his other hand and it bit him in that hand. It cost him his life.

"Roberta Lewis told the newspaper he would sometimes bring snakes home to help control the mouse population"

How was he not an idiot?
                        Last edited by adam_p; 05-02-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

So I guess anyone that falls off a building or tree stand is an idiot? They shouldn't have been up there. Or anyone that dies riding a bull, driving a race car,bungee jumping or scuba diving is an idiot? It's the same concept. We can all be accused of doing stupid things but if you do something dangerous that you love to do then to you it's not stupid. Anyone that does anything like that should know there's a risk involved. I wouldn't ride a bull or climb a rock wall because I'm scared. That doesn't make anyone that does it stupid. It just means I'm too big a ***** to do what they do and that's fine by me.

But I'm not gonna get on here and say someone did the world a service by dying so they can't procreate just because I wouldn't do something. It takes all kinds to make this world what it is.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 05-02-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Leave the Snake Alone

So I guess anyone that falls off a building or tree stand is an idiot? They shouldn't have been up there. Or anyone that dies riding a bull, driving a race car,bungee jumping or scuba diving is an idiot? It's the same concept. We can all be accused of doing stupid things but if you do something dangerous that you love to do then to you it's not stupid. Anyone that does anything like that should know there's a risk involved. I wouldn't ride a bull or climb a rock wall because I'm scared. That doesn't make anyone that does it stupid. It just means I'm too big a ***** to do what they do and that's fine by me.

But I'm not gonna get on here and say someone did the world a service by dying so they can't procreate just because I wouldn't do something. It takes all kinds to make this world what it is.
                            I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He picked up a live rattlesnake it bit him in the hand. He then picked it up with his other hand and it bit him in that hand. It cost him his life.

"Roberta Lewis told the newspaper he would sometimes bring snakes home to help control the mouse population"

How was he not an idiot?
                              You ever drove your truck after drinking? You ever play with gas and fire? You ever wade fish in the surf ? You ever get in a tree stand without a harness? You ever speed on a road you shouldn't be speeding on? Stuff I could go on about for days... Does it make you an idiot ?

Comment

Working...
                              X