• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloves

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
    No guy method for me.
    Not Gut method

Comment

Latex liner, chain mail mesh middle layer, and a baseball mit on top of that for me

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        Latex gloves. Been wearing them for a few years now. Got some jokes early on but could care less. Clean hands don’t stink when I’m done cleaning whatever animal that is harvested. I can go straight to picking my boogers and eating them without worrying about guts in my mouth.

Good one.

Comment

These^^^^^^^^^^ I used them this yr. Wash off with water and use bleach mix too clean. They go up almost to my elbows. Tough, won't tear and keep reusing.

Comment

Dishwashing gloves. Tough and reusable

Comment

If TBH interest I could get a good price for Mary to sell on TBH site

In medical distribution field, would be nitrile to eliminate allergic reaction to latex for some.

Give some feedback

Comment

Latex gloves. Been wearing them for a few years now. Got some jokes early on but could care less. Clean hands don’t stink when I’m done cleaning whatever animal that is harvested. I can go straight to picking my boogers and eating them without worrying about guts in my mouth.
                Yep....Have To Agree

Comment

I find I use them for so many projects around ranch from oil and grease, plucking ducks, deer, pigs, dove, water handling in cold, food processing, bbq, etc

Box in truck, cabin, garage, ranch jeep, etc

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                    I wear them always now. I got bacterial meningitis when I was younger & to this day it was the sickest I have ever been. Docs at hospital said it was most likely from an infected cut, the only cut I had was a small one on my hand when I slipped and cut myself cleaning a pig a week or so before. I have no way to know for sure if that was the cause but darn sure not taking any chances of getting sick like that again if its preventable
                    I suffered Bacterial Meningitis also. Was the worst 8 days of my life, really thought I was dying. If i moved my head off the pillow I puked my guts up from the pain in my head. It was in July though so it wasn't animal related. I feel for you. Been there and done that dont care to do it again.

Comment

Latex gloves. Been wearing them for a few years now. Got some jokes early on but could care less.
                      I was one of the those guys joking about my buddies wearing them in the mid 2000s....but the more I was around them, the more I realized what kind of sense it made cleanup wise. Now I use them on everything. Deer, turkey, and dove (nothing like shoving your thumb up a doves but to drive **** into places you don't want or need it.) BBQ, painting, car work etc etc
                      Last edited by Smart; 01-26-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Latex on hogs. Deer I started doing gloves as well because we don't have water and I rather switch gloves than waste the water from the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
                          I use nitrile gloves but I do not gut animals any more. Skin, quarter, back strap, trimming, all without entering the body cavity. By far the best way to process an animal (deer or hog).
                          This.

Comment

Gloves, but one will get some blood on skin no matter what.

Comment

LOL, to each their own....but after MANY years of animal blood/human blood exposure, it amazes me why ANYONE would take ANY chance for "blood transmitted" infections?? Really, really? It's not a rite of "passage" to "Man Up" and take the chance? Come on guys and gals, if there is ANY chance of transmitted disease, you are crazy to take the chance! It will DAM sure cost you more in time, health and LOT's of $$ for a easy fix/prevention!

Put 'em on, peel 'em off and if for no other reason....your hands are clean and go on with your business!

I've had a background with medical a big part and I assure you...even the TOUGHEST SOB will be remorseful when they could have taken a "cheap" precaution to avoid a BIG infection?! Protect yourself and all it will cost you is a few $$ to carry "peel off" gloves to throw in the gut pile? Good Lord...some of these responses really amaze me...based on PERSONAL experience!

Comment

I wear the arm length gloves from Harbour freight, allergic to all the poison ivy the deer here eat and the deer hair, also easy clean up. I also wear a butchers apron that lets blood rinse right off.

Comment

Working...
                                X