East Texas Bowhunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Bowhunt

My family has a ranch in east Texas just outside the Davy Crockett National Forest and I've been hunting it this week and I'm a south texas boy myself. I give you folks props up here who harvest deer it has been a challenge and I've yet to see one. Tomorrow morning is the last hunt so hopefully we at least see some action.

I have said many times.... anyone that kills deer regularly in East Tx can kill them anywhere. I have seen countless hunters leave their leases in other areas of Tx and last one season. They went back to their hill country and S Tx leases the following year.

Comment

There's No Deer In East Texas
      Last edited by El Forajido; 12-29-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soutexbowhunter View Post
        My family has a ranch in east Texas just outside the Davy Crockett National Forest and I've been hunting it this week and I'm a south texas boy myself. I give you folks props up here who harvest deer it has been a challenge and I've yet to see one. Tomorrow morning is the last hunt so hopefully we at least see some action.
        welcome to the club...the "see no deer" club. Very popular in SE Tx

Comment

Thank you

I have been hunting East Tx all of my life.

They are in there

Comment

They are for sure we get them on camera but between 10pm and 3 am hopefully they're moving in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
              Thank you

I have been hunting East Tx all of my life.

They are in there
              Yes they are.
              Attached Files

Comment

Bunches of them.
                Attached Files

Comment

same here. I am getting night time activity almost every single night but day time appearances only a few times a week. random times during the day too like 12-2pm I sure that a lot of it this year has to do with the warm weather and rain.. thers still a lot of edible forage and acorns etc. I have a hundred hours on the blind this year without seeing a single deer. the movement, and, deer I killed this year were all on cold front mornings

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                    same here. I am getting night time activity almost every single night but day time appearances only a few times a week. random times during the day too like 12-2pm I sure that a lot of it this year has to do with the warm weather and rain.. thers still a lot of edible forage and acorns etc. I have a hundred hours on the blind this year without seeing a single deer. the movement, and, deer I killed this year were all on cold front mornings
                    Same here.

Comment

Been hunting East Texas since I was old enough to walk. I've hunted some in South Texas, the Hill Country, and West Texas. Those other places are just shopping for the deer you want to shoot. Trying to find a big old Pineywoods buck is hunting! I ain't knocking the other places, but it's a hell of a lot easier to kill deer just about anywhere else in the state.

Comment

I miss my west Texas hunting... but east Texas can be fun

Comment

I will just say I couldn't wait to get on a lease in east TX. I did 3 years ago and I think I'm about to go crazy. I don't think I've ever been as challenged at anything as I have trying to figure out how/when/where to hunt these deer. I have never given up on a challenge and I'm not going to now.

I am seriously going to hire/beg/borrow someone at the end of this season to help me figure this place out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

To say it's tough is an understatement. Takes more of my time and money than I care to admit. Can't possibly be healthy for myself and my family. But it's all I think about. It's all I care to do 3 months out of the year and I plan/prep for it the other 9.

This is the first year Ive spent a majority of my time with a bow instead of a gun. It has been more rewarding and disappointing than any other season past.

I have plans to expand my horizons as a bow hunter and am in the process of creating a "bucket list"

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Yes they are.
                              I took that pic. Where did you get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X