Which Traeger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Traeger?

I know there are a lot of different brands that everyone likes but I can get a traeger at 40% off one time so that's what I'm going to do.

But looking at the Timberline 850 or the pro series 34. Anyone have either of those and the thoughts on them? Really like them timberline just not sure if it is worth the extra money.

For 40% off I would get the best one they make!

Comment

Look into these too

Comment

Just my take..I got a Pit Boss..not saying there better worse.This is not a sales pitch for Brand..Its a sales pitch for concept....I Smoked /BBQ /grilled for 50y+ not pro just like that kinda food......They cook really well and almost set and walk away...Clean up a breeze if you cover drip pan with alu foil and vacuum out after cool..those copper pads seen on tv or in WM (as seen on TV section)work great for fish /hamburger..ENJOY..selling my old big pit when I get around to it probably winter

Comment

If I were you I would get the big pro series. I don’t see where I would ever use the WiFi part of the timberline. (Possibly to preheat when I am headed home to cook on it but in reality they heat up quicker than I can prep the food to put on) when I cook on my Yoder I don’t ever change the temp so being able to control it remotely would not be a big deal to me. A WiFi thermometer is awesome though. With 40% off I would be tempted to buy the most expensive one they have so I see your delema!

If your discount is for one order I would get the upgraded controller and whatever accessories you think you would use down the line...discounts can get expensive! LOL

You will love cooking on it! My Yoder is one of the best purchases I have ever made, it was hard to pull the trigger but I do not regret it one bit!

Comment

I’ve got the timberline 1300 and I like it a lot. I still prefer to do briskets on the stick burner, but for everything else the traeger is awesome. Don’t get me wrong, it cooks good briskets and gives them a good smoke ring, I just like the extra smoke from a regular smoker.

Comment

If I could find 40% off on a traeger I would buy a second one. I have loved the heck out of mine for 4 years now.

Comment

The bigger ones use a lot more pellets.

Comment

Are you allowed to buy more than one with that discount?

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                    Just my take..I got a Pit Boss..not saying there better worse.This is not a sales pitch for Brand..Its a sales pitch for concept....I Smoked /BBQ /grilled for 50y+ not pro just like that kinda food......They cook really well and almost set and walk away...Clean up a breeze if you cover drip pan with alu foil and vacuum out after cool..those copper pads seen on tv or in WM (as seen on TV section)work great for fish /hamburger..ENJOY..selling my old big pit when I get around to it probably winter

Are you saying the Pit Boss is a good smoker?

And are the Treagers really worth the money?

Comment

I have the 34 and its big enough for me, I cooked 3 medium size briskets in it on the 4th

Comment

Ive got the Timberline 850 and love it.

Comment

I have the pro 34 and love it. Only benefit I see of the Timberline is it has a higher max temp. I like the wifi aspect but didn't see the benefit justifying the extra cash.

At 40% off... that timberline 1300 might be hard for me to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X