No announcement yet.

Need to get a stripped bolt out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also check brownells to see if they have a schematic for that particular gun...

Comment

Do you have a pic of the new damage? You may try to peen the metal back into place with a small punch and hammer. Just take it slow and it can be done to make the screw usable again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
        Do you have a pic of the new damage? You may try to peen the metal back into place with a small punch and hammer. Just take it slow and it can be done to make the screw usable again

I’ll get a pic when I get back home. There may be enough material to do that.

Comment

Looks like you’re in Houston - but I’m 99% sure Fort Worth Bolt and tool could get you said fastener or they would make you a new one. They usually don’t do small runs but they are good people and if you told them the story they’d probably get you fixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
            I’ll get a pic when I get back home. There may be enough material to do that.

I know I've seen Mark from the Anvil series from CandArsenal on YouTube do it when he is bringing old guns back to operational configuration. Gives a way to save the bolt that's not one you'd be able to just buy

Comment

Working...
            X