No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always just put corn out on my parents farm in Ohio. Other than that never used a feeder. I set it to go off for 15 seconds am and twice in the evening. My question is if a deer is around that feeder when it goes when deer are present will they be spooked. Or just kinda get out of the corn flinging range. What are the times I should set it for as I've never used one before and don't want to chase them out if they are in the area when it goes off.

Also there is pig crap everywhere in the fields and woods around my spot 6a7 and rooting everywhere the entire stand area is polluted. Is this a norm all around Bullis or am I in as the say hog heaven lol.
    Last edited by Jimbousmc; 09-05-2016, 06:45 AM.

Comment

The deer may run off when the feeder goes off but they typically come back shortly from what I've seen. Doesn't take them long to get used to it. They actually start timing their arrival to the feeder by the sound, it seems like. I set mine for one after first light and one in the afternoon and adjust for when I want to be in my blind. Don't forget the time change in October. You don't want it going off too early or you'll increase the chances of bumping deer. You start to see feeding patterns after just a few days. As for the pigs...they are everywhere. You'll probably have more opportunities than you'd like to shoot hogs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by msims6288 View Post
        Yep, same spot. I'm trying to decide when to head out to scout a bit and set up.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
        Where are you in 8 A? I'm in 8A-2 on top of the hill. It took a week for them to find the corn but a couple shooters showed up Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kybowhuntr View Post
          Where are you in 8 A? I'm in 8A-2 on top of the hill. It took a week for them to find the corn but a couple shooters showed up Friday.
          8A-3, I had the same spot last year and took a barely legal 8 pt.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice, I was concerned after not seeing deer for a week on cam.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant get to my wife's rifle stand till next month

Comment

That's frustrating. I'm about to go tdy for a month and get back the day before the opener. I'm just hoping the feeder doesn't have issues while I'm away

Comment

Did not get drawn.....bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by Kybowhuntr View Post
                    That's frustrating. I'm about to go tdy for a month and get back the day before the opener. I'm just hoping the feeder doesn't have issues while I'm away

Hope you have a big feeder!

Comment

It had 300 pounds in it as of Sunday and it's only spinning 3 sec 2X per day. I hope it's enough to keep them coming

Comment

How long will 350lbs last spinning twice a day at 20sec

Comment

Normally if you look up the manual for your feeder it will give you a rough estimate of spin time to weight ratio that it is putting out.

Comment

Twice a day at 20 seconds is a lot of corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                              How long will 350lbs last spinning twice a day at 20sec
                              It depends on a lot. Is it set on high, med, or low? The gap between the funnel and the spinner plate also plays a role. I actually thought about putting a bucket over the feeder, run it for 10 seconds, and weigh the corn in the bucket. That's probably the most accurate way to know

Comment

Well ya'll should sign me on to your stands to fill corn while you're away lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X