Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas US Senator John Cornyn supports gun control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas US Senator John Cornyn supports gun control!

Just saw this in another forum - Please tell me it aint so!?!?! I did a fact check asnd it says yes!
    If So light him up 202-224-2934

I believe it. He's a delta bravo and a phony.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
      Just saw this in another forum - Please tell me it aint so!?!?! I did a fact check asnd it says yes!
      If So light him up 202-224-2934
      It's not exactly that straight forward. His bill was a counter to ultra liberal Feinstein's bill.

Comment

A person who supports background checks could be considered "for gun control," so I'd have to know more specifics.

Comment

I'll have to do a little research but if that's true he will definitely lose my vote

Comment

I'm not happy with it at all, but here's the real info if you want it:

His bill would have stopped people on the no fly list or terror watch list from buying a gun......BUT only temporarily. The proposal gave the Feds 3 days to make their case before a Federal Justice as to why they believed they had probable cause to believe the person was a terrorist. If they couldn't show PC, the sale would precede after 3 days.....very similar to the current system, where if you get a "delay", you still get the gun of the NICS doesn't come back with a final denial in under 3 days.

All it need was a few Dems to cross the isle and vote for it, but they refused because they want to strip you of due process. They want the power to deny the sale to be vested solely in a political appointee....The Attorney General IIRC. Yeah, I want Holder or Lynch deciding who gets to buy a gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
              I'm not happy with it at all, but here's the real info if you want it:

His bill would have stopped people on the no fly list or terror watch list from buying a gun......BUT only temporarily. The proposal gave the Feds 3 days to make their case before a Federal Justice as to why they believed they had probable cause to believe the person was a terrorist. If they couldn't show PC, the sale would precede after 3 days.....very similar to the current system, where if you get a "delay", you still get the gun of the NICS doesn't come back with a final denial in under 3 days.

All it need was a few Dems to cross the isle and vote for it, but they refused because they want to strip you of due process. They want the power to deny the sale to be vested solely in a political appointee....The Attorney General IIRC. Yeah, I want Holder or Lynch deciding who gets to buy a gun.

It is less threatening when you take away the spin.

Like Cornyn, hate Cornyn, despise Cornyn or whatever.... his bill had the backing of the NRA and the rest of the Republicans. It was to keep suspected terrorists from buying a gun for three days only. If the FBI could not show cause to deny the sale, it would go through.

But here is for the political spinners and the sky is falling crowd.

The Dems voted (as you stated above) against the Cornyn amendment. So does that mean the Dems are "against" gun control? If you think so then I have the Golden Gate Bridge that I just purchased but am willing to let it go.... cheap.

Nope, they didn't want to side with the Republicans and NRA by trying to keep guns from suspect terrorists.

Also note that none of this had anything to do with face to face sales.

Now, back to the slamming of Cornyn but might as well toss the rest of the Republicans (including Cruz) because they voted with him. Oh yeah, as mentioned above, the Dems shot it down so they are the new savior of the Second Amendment.

Comment

How does someone get on the no fly list or terror watch list?

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                  How does someone get on the no fly list or terror watch list?

With the stroke of a bureaucrats pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The bill if you look into it isn't really that bad.

What is wrong with someone on the no fly list or terror watch having a 3 day delay and having the courts look at the info?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      The bill if you look into it isn't really that bad.

What is wrong with someone on the no fly list or terror watch having a 3 day delay and having the courts look at the info?

Because it is meaningless. Do you think if a terrorist has intentions that he won't get a gun? All it will do is harass law abiding folks that somehow get put on the list wrongfully. Pretty much like all gun control laws do.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

Honestly if there are people in the US that are a threat to us, we need to do more than a 3 day wait. We need to get rid of them. There is no reason to have terrorists living in the USA.

Comment

If you've never read Overton Window, you should. When threatened with something really awful, settling for doe thing that is less awful seems like a good outcome when really it isn't. Hearing reports that gas is going to be $5/gallon sends people into a frenzy. When gas is only $3.50, everyone wipes the sweat from their brow and is relieved. The reality is that gas at $3.50 is still higher than it needs to be but since BIG Oil threatened $5, it sounds okay.

Threatening a lot of gun control but settling for a little is not a good outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Because it is meaningless. Do you think if a terrorist has intentions that he won't get a gun? All it will do is harass law abiding folks that somehow get put on the list wrongfully. Pretty much like all gun control laws do.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".
                            It gets the door open for the DEM's real agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!! strip you of all GUN RIGHTS. Starts with a bill and ends with a BAN

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                              Honestly if there are people in the US that are a threat to us, we need to do more than a 3 day wait. We need to get rid of them. There is no reason to have terrorists living in the USA.
                              Yep deported for good would work.

Of course they could just walk back across the southern border.

Comment

Working...
                              X