• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet

Comment

We're you able to recover either one?

Comment

OOOOHHHHHH the Humanities....the horror....It was like watching a trainwreck in which I couldn't turn away from.....

Originally posted by pervis View Post
        We're you able to recover either one?
        With the exception of the BBQ quality from the little one does it really matter....

Comment

Nice shootin

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Love it when a good plan comes together!!!! My 12-ga would have laid a half-dozen of them in the dirt for sure.
            I was thinking the same.

Comment

Awesome !

Comment

Sony Handycam HDR-PJ275. It was mounted on a bracket that I made that screws into the tree.

Comment

Do you use lighted pins along with the NAP light?

Comment

Yes. The light from the stabilizer light does not get to the fiber optics on the sight and it is dark in the woods at night.

Comment

Originally posted by IbNup View Post
                      Yes. The light from the stabilizer light does not get to the fiber optics on the sight and it is dark in the woods at night.
                      What did you use to bring them in? I hunt in Jack County and we have a lot! I can never get them to come in on a schedule? I have a feeder that is going and mixed some hog wild in with it. I have them on camera but they are elusive here.

BTW I am new to the Forum and I couldn't find a newbie thread if there was one?

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats on the hogs and thanks for sharing the video.

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                        What did you use to bring them in? I hunt in Jack County and we have a lot! I can never get them to come in on a schedule? I have a feeder that is going and mixed some hog wild in with it. I have them on camera but they are elusive here.

BTW I am new to the Forum and I couldn't find a newbie thread if there was one?

Thanks!
                        Forget the hog wild. Just make sure your throwing enough corn at the right times to make them consistent. I do a lot of hog hunting and I found the best feed times are right at dark and a hour after dark and my feeders throw for 10-12 seconds each feed time. If your only throwing corn a hour or so before dark and for only a few seconds you may not get the pigs to be consistent because most of the corn could be gone before they get there and it might all be gone. Throwing at dark and after dark means no birds will eat it and the corn will be on the ground after dark when the pigs feel safe moving. By throwing 10-12 seconds twice it means the hogs get a decent amount and they will want to be the first ones there to get as much as possible.

Please note: if you don't have a decent population of hogs in the area it might be tough to make them consistent no matter what you do.

Comment

Cool thanks! right now I am feeding twice a day once in the morning and one about 1 hour before dark... and only for about 5-6 seconds. I have two that come in but it is about 3 in the morning. I also have a sounder of about 30 though that I would love to encounter!

Comment

I feed just before dark for a few seconds. I have a trail cam that I check to see who is showing up. I am a little obsessive, I have a data base that I keep. Let's me know when they are showing up.

Comment

sweet video

Comment

Glad I didn't let the kids watch this one! Nice video!

Comment

Working...
                                X