Trad draw length/form question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    You are right Bisch - that's actually a bruise from my bike wreck last Sunday.

Javi, I see what you mean about dipping my front shoulder - are you saying the bow arm should also stay in a straight line with the shoulders?
    Yes it should... the top of the hand should be level with the top of the shoulders..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
      Yes it should... the top of the hand should be level with the top of the shoulders..
      Thanks - that's a habit I need to break now before it gets any more ingrained

Comment

We all do it a little differently, but think you got pretty good advice above. If you keep your head upright and bring the string towards you, you should fix the little bit of chicken-wing that I'm inferring that you have going on, and pick up a couple inches on the draw.

Next time you're playing with the camera, get a pic from the back, and a little above, you should be able to see your alignment. Back elbow, string-hand, arrow, & bow hand should all be in a straight line. Looks to me like your elbow to string-hand is at a bit of an angle to the rest, bit it's hard to tell from those angles.

Comment

Thanks - that's a habit I need to break now before it gets any more ingrained
          here is what it should look like from the top
          Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 01-22-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I guess I may be raising or lowering my bow arm to get the proper trajectory, depending how far I am from the target. Instead, I should keep the angle between bow arm and torso close to 90 degrees and bend laterally from the waist - right?

Comment

I guess I may be raising or lowering my bow arm to get the proper trajectory, depending how far I am from the target. Instead, I should keep the angle between bow arm and torso close to 90 degrees and bend laterally from the waist - right?
              Correct

Comment

Working...
              X