Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slammed them trout again this morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slammed them trout again this morning...

I had TBH'er Mark (Rattler7696) and a couple of his buddies on board today. With action hot and heavy yesterday I figured it would be a repeat day. It was indeed but with a twist.

We departed the dock at 6:30am with a gusty 15mph south wind. Our weather guys including NWS marine forecast stated 5-10 south winds increasing 10-15 in the afternoon. Well they were wrong again!! Oh well we were going fishing.

We took a long 3-4 minute boat ride to my first spot. Lol!! No keepers there which was weird cause that spot has giving up 2-5 fish every time. With the wind starting to crank I knew I had a narrow window of good fishing water to hit. Nueces gets milky pretty quick with windy conditions.

We made a 1/4 mile move and it was on!! Solid fish after solid fish. We boxed 12 fish on this stop in no time. Our bite slowed so we left them and went to my go to spot about 1/2 mile. We left them biting like crazy at this spot yesterday. I just knew we were going to pulled up and be done quickly. Well the reason they call it fishing is this...we didn't get but one small dink fish there. What a *******!!

I made another short move and bam!!! Fish on!! We quickly made work with more solid trout and a very nice bonus flounder. Mark and his crew were seasoned fisherman for sure.

With the day heating up quickly and the wind not letting up we called it a day. My redfish spots have been a little slow lately also so there was no need in wasting time on that. We headed for the dock. I made fast work cleaning fish and sent Them home by 11am with some great eating fillets.

Same as yesterday...

Live croaker over shell in the back bay.

Thank you Mark and crew. It was another good day on the water with great people. TBH has some awesome people and friends.

A couple pics of our catch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437945673.695970.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	25061547
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437945686.779970.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	25061548

Ray

Sounds like a great day! Congrats on a nice box of fish.

Comment

Thanks bloodtrailer.

Ray

Comment

Good Job Ray

Comment

Awesome Rey. I will have to set a trip up with you once work slows down a bit.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Good job Ray and congrats.

Comment

Very nice Ray
                Hard to beat some fried trout!

Comment

Heck yeah!! Gettin it done!!

Comment

Solid work the last few days Ray, congrats to all the recent fisherfolks.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Thanks folks. Its that cant do wrong time of year. Trout were slamming baits after coming off the hook. I saw this happen yesterday and today.

Ray

Comment

It was a good week on the water for us too. Good looking haul.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Well folks I got to fish with the Man, the Myth and the Legend this morning. Ray, we had an awesome time on the water today. Folks Ray know his fishing area. The wind was making Nueces bay pretty choppy but he put us on solid trout. We where done before 10am. We would have been done sooner but we missed quite a few bite's even for Seasoned fisherman. LOL! If anybody wants to go with a great guy who is both professional and an awesome guide Ray will work his tail off to make sure you have a great fishing experience. Thank again for a great morning in the water. We will definitely be back.

Comment

Working...
                              X