my ford days are done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    That's because folks cant get rid of them unless dodge buys them back.
    Something Ford should have been forced to do with the 6.no and the 6.4 but then again they can't afford to since they are still paying back their government loan that wasn't labeled a bail out

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
      On my 3rd Ram. Had them all 3 to 6 years each and and never had to put one of them in the shop.
      Jesus Christ I hope not they were almost still brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by mm5455 View Post
        Buy you a long lasting "TUNDRA"
        What if he needs a truck?!?

Comment

It's funny how the ford guys always fall back to the 7.3. I have owned 2 myself, but they are a far cry from diesels today. What was the most hp they ever achieved? 275? Lmao. Gas engines today make more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            It's funny how the ford guys always fall back to the 7.3. I have owned 2 myself, but they are a far cry from diesels today. What was the most hp they ever achieved? 275? Lmao. Gas engines today make more power.
            That's why the 7.3 and 5.9s lasted so long they weren't pushing near the power they're trying to squeeze out of the diesels now

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              That's why the 7.3 and 5.9s lasted so long they weren't pushing near the power they're trying to squeeze out of the diesels now
              My 04 5.9 has been pushing 572 hp since 05.

Comment

My 04 5.9 has been pushing 572 hp since 05.
                I was talking stock trucks that is far from stock

Without upgrades yours wouldn't do good with that power especially working it. I had my 05 built I know where they fail
                Last edited by bphillips; 08-02-2015, 12:17 AM.

Comment

my ford days are done

Last edited by TallTexan; 08-02-2015, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Sometimes you just get lemons. Had a lot of problems with a 2000 Chevy 2500, but that was at 100k+ If you want something trouble free, I hear Honda Civics and Toyota Camrys run a lot of miles.

Comment

My old Ecoboost I believe put out more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                        Dodge will have the same warranty expectations. I would either have your vehicle serviced at dealerships so they can keep track of it or be prepared to keep your own records. While your situation is warranted, you have no clue how many people blow up their engines & have 0 receipts for servicing they claim happened. I'm sorry. Your situation really does suck. The bad people ruin it for everyone. Hope your next truck has better luck.

Yup. Get a bike if you don't want engine problems EVER

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Umm no.

Even today's diesels are pretty mild.

It's all the emissions crap that the .gov mandates for diesels. That and the extreme pressure that the fuel systems run at to make them quieter.

Comment

Yall sound like a bunch of old bettys arguing about the town's happenings

Comment

These post crack me up and everyone is so biased lol. The only way the can not warranty the repair is if they find signs of rust on the fuel pressure control solenoid which proves signs of water making it through the high pressure system or there's gas or some other contaminants in the fuel. If your one fuel filter change off of your service interval they will not void a warrantable repair. If they can't show you any of this and for some ungodly reason tell you it's not covered request an FSE field service engineer to get involved. Message me if you have anymore questions, I have contacts that may be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by dsb6446 View Post
                                i have already posted a little but short of it is. fuel system went down. bit every thing is in but they found metal in system. so high pressure pump failed. they haven't made an official ruling on cause but will only go one of 2 ways. bad fuel and warranty is voided but they will give me a fuel sample to go after that **** gas station or the pump just failed because i originally could't find 3rd receipt for fuel filter and it was my fault i didn't change fuel filter enough. then i got receipt for filter and then they stated per hours i needed one more filter change. i am not going to win. they will find something no mater what i do. this will end up costing me 10,000 to fix. reading on line ford has been super shady about this fuel system. well me fault for believe that doing right thing will pay off. i could go get another receipt but am done. they are sorry folks.if any people on here work for ford and have been apart of this shame on ya'll. soon as this thing is fixed i will be visiting dodge dealership. pretty sorry folks
                                This is why I take mine to where I buy to service!! I learned the hard way ...

Comment

Working...
                                X