No announcement yet.

Flickr dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of all things, the problem was apparently in my browser, Internet Explorer. It works fine in Chrome. It's not the first time that IE has had some stupid quirk. Guess I should ditch it and use Chrome full time.

Thanks, Shane!

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the information Shane, Bill and David. I thought I would give it a shot and see if it worked for me. I just started using smugmug myself and I like it so far.
        Last edited by jdma; 02-03-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I'm about to find out how SmugMug's customer service is when something goes wrong with a print order. I ordered a print on metal that arrived damaged by USPS. My selected print service is BayPhoto.

I first called BayPhoto. But they don't deal with SmugMug customers directly. Anything they do as a service to SmugMug has to be dealt with through SmugMug. OK, I get that. Understandable.

Step two was to email SmugMug through a link associated with my particular order. It gave me the opportunity to attached files, so I sent them photos of the damage, both before and after opening the box. I explained the situation and gave them my cell phone number in case they want to call and discuss.

I immediately received an auto-reply email saying quote... "Our Support Heroes are on the case!" OK, so far so good.

Comment

Update: I just received this email...

Kelly
            FEB 08, 2017 | 09:17AM PST

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting SmugMug!

I’m very sorry to hear your order arrived damaged! Not to worry, you are covered by our print guarantee.

I have asked the lab to reprint your order and send that to you again. You will not see any new emails about the remake order or tracking. However, if you would like to check on tracking, you are welcome to contact us in a couple of business days once we have a tracking number available. It will take a few days for the metal print to be remade and then a few business days beyond that for shipping.

I hope you enjoy the new order when it arrives!

If you have any additional questions, or we can help with anything else, please let us know!

Kelly
            SmugMug Support Hero
            http://help.smugmug.com
            Very acceptable experience so far. My only complaint is that the item wasn't protected better in packaging and had no "fragile" or "do not bend" markings on the outside of the box. I question whether USPS handlers read those, but that's beside the point. The effort should be made.

I'm just hoping they do a better job of packaging on the replacement order or we might be going through this again.

My SmugMug Support Hero didn't mention returning the item. So I guess I'm free to pound on it with a rubber mallet and see if I can straighten it back into something halfway presentable. I kind of doubt it, but worth a try.

Comment

I've had nothing but good experiences as well.

Comment

Glad to hear they are on it David.

Comment

Working...
                X