Llano County rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llano County rut?

Headed up to the lease in Llano tomorrow and staying through Wednesday. Has anyone seen any rut activity going on? I haven’t been to the lease since before all the floods. Looking forward to getting out there with this colder weather.

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
    Headed up to the lease in Llano tomorrow and staying through Wednesday. Has anyone seen any rut activity going on? I haven’t been to the lease since before all the floods. Looking forward to getting out there with this colder weather.
    I’m in Mason County, bucks are looking for does, but I don’t think they are quite ready yet. Bucks are coming in to rattling, so make sure you have your horns with you.

Comment

Talked to our land owner today. Bucks are interested but does not there. I’m going up Friday through Tuesday. Hope I time it right. I’m near Cherokee.

Forecast calls for 30 mph winds Monday and Tuesday.

Good luck.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

We are seen lots of deer coming in but few smell like they are really rutting yet. Won’t be long though.

Comment

any day now!

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
              We are seen lots of deer coming in but few smell like they are really rutting yet. Won’t be long though.
              Hunting now. Hopefully I’ll be dropping one off in the next few days.

Comment

Killed my big nine one year ago today. He was rutting hard! On a doe and I watched him broadside another buck to the ground. The inside of his back legs were black top to bottom! Shouldn’t be long at all. Hills Of Texas did that one for me and did a fantastic job!

Comment

Saw a big 11pt chasing a doe hard this evening. I waited too long to decide and missed my opportunity. I think these next few days should be good. I did Kill a hog tonight so all in all it was a fantastic hunt.

Comment

I'm in my blind this morning south of Llano. I didn't see any chasing on the drive up yesterday but I'm hopeful. I plan to move around and rattle today unless the wind is too strong. The rancher has seen a big boar near where I'm hunting so I'm on the lookout. Also need a few smaller gigs for eating. Supplies are low!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                      I’m in Mason County, bucks are looking for does, but I don’t think they are quite ready yet. Bucks are coming in to rattling, so make sure you have your horns with you.
                      I’m in Mason too, and I agree with you. I saw a few cruising this weekend, but no hard chasing. I think it’s going to break loose within the next week or so.

Comment

This cold weather should get them up and moving anyways

Comment

We were in Mason and didn't see any rut activity

Comment

I'm in Llano county and I would say its not officially on just yet but close. Had a few encounters with bucks responding to grunt calls. Does are still avoiding bucks though.

Comment

Small bucks coming to horns. Some pushing around, but does aren't ready yet. Thanksgiving will be another week I think, but I'm not a deer, or a doe at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X