Calling all mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all mechanics

My son's 2011 Honda crv's heater will not blow hot air on the drivers side. It blows hot on the passengers side but only cold on drivers. Any help? Thanks

My wife’s Tahoe did the same thing there is an actuator that mixes the hot/cold air I looked it up on YouTube and fixed it myself, that was years ago is all I remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, actuator on my wife's traverse did the same thing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. Sounds like blend door actuator

Comment

Try unhooking negative side of battery for an hour. It resets the computer.

Comment

I was thinking that it might be the actuator. I'll Google it. My life is one big google.��. I'll try the battery too. Couldn't hurt. Thanks guys

Comment

Actuator repair on son's F150 driver's side was a $1000 repair (had to pull the entire dashboard to access the $30 part). Hope yours is easier fix.

Comment

My wife’s Tahoe did it. I unhooked battery and pulled the fuse a same time. Surprisingly it worked.

Comment

Accessing the parts is not TOO hard. I believe all I need to do is remove the glove box( couple of screws) and the motor and actuator are right there. Still, I can turn changing the motor oil into an all day $200 job.( the "fix it yourself" God's passed me by).

Comment

Alldata shows one temperature blend door actuator on the left side of the case to the right of the accelerator pedal area. It shows the motor and connecting linkage. Might be some of the linkage broken or out of place. The motor seen from the glovebox area is the mode actuator ( controls where the air goes, such as dash vents, floor or defrost). Try to find an illustration of the temp blend door and linkage before you remove it. Some of these types can be rather difficult if linkage falls apart as you remove it. Everything has to line up as you install it. Not sure on this one, but some professional scanners will show door commanded movement as a way to check actuator without having to remove it.

Comment

Working...
                    X