No announcement yet.

I got a truck issue need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something with the ABS (speed sensor or control module perhaps)? If the ABS was causing the breaks to pulse it might cause shaking.

Comment

This issue started before all the work was done.

Comment

While I am at her she is. Maybe someone will recognize her. When I bought her the TBH sticker was already on the rear window.

Comment

Finally got a pic to upload
          Attached Files

Comment

What about front axles and bearings?

Comment

Checked them and they seem to be good

Comment

Originally posted by TSpradlin View Post
                New pads new rotors new calipers all new ball joints tie rods track bar all new up front except for springs and they are going on next weekend.

Also new tires and they are balanced
                Did you install or a shop? Throwing ideas out here, I wonder of the rear spindle bearing seated right? Maybe when the rotors were replaced some dirt or gunk got caught between the rotor and mounting surface? Maybe try jacking each wheel up and rotate to see if it turns true and check for slack shaking tire/rim top to bottom and side to side? Were the leaf spring bushings changed when the new rear springs were installed? What about checking the axle ubolts to see if they are tight? Got to be some slack or something out of round or not true to cause this I would think.

Comment

New bushings and new ubolts no wobble in the axle or and the wheel Everything looks to tire true. I have been scratching my head for weeks on this thing.

Comment

Front end components. ABS?? Is your torque convertor unlocking??? Get it up to 50-60, throw it in neutral, then brake. Does it do the same thing as when you brake from high speed while in Drive??? A torque convertor not unlocking properly would act like like a manual tranny trying to stall out your engine/shaking before pushing in the clutch.

The "unlocking" is also supposed to be triggered by brake lights, and some say LED bulbs can keep this system from working properly.

Other info:

Last edited by Abctx; 09-13-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

This problem is one I’m unfamiliar with but wonder if it could somehow be with the rear differential and driveshaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                        This problem is one I’m unfamiliar with but wonder if it could somehow be with the rear differential and driveshaft.
                        Good point here. I would also check the carrier bearing. Does not make much sense since it only happens when brakes are applied. Worth a look none the less. A bad carrier bearing will usually jump around or vibrate on deceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                          Good point here. I would also check the carrier bearing. Does not make much sense since it only happens when brakes are applied. Worth a look none the less. A bad carrier bearing will usually jump around or vibrate on deceleration.

Excellent advice! My sons 97 started shaking when he let off the throttle, he thought it was a tire balance issue and ignored it. Well, a short time later the carrier bearing failed and when the drive shaft went to flopping it took out the transmission housing which turned it into an expensive fix!

Comment

Only issue I get it when applying the brakes

Comment

Loose nut behind the wheel ...

hmmm if it only does it when brakes are applied. at that time you have pressure going forward. Something that...when pressured is not holding up. But, sounds like you have dang near made a new truck with all the new parts.

good luck with & keep us posted.

Comment

Just FYI. I installed rotors a while back from Autozone. One was waaaaay out of whack. Had to return it and get a new one. All good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X