Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a truck issue need help

Ok here is the truck.

1999 Ford F-350 4x4 4 door long bed 4 inch pro comp lift single wheel.

Here is the issue I need help with.

While driving the truck rides fine. But when I am breaking the rear of the truck will start to bounce and the front will start to shimmy when the truck slows to 40 mph. It stops when I get to about 25 mph. Again it only does this while applying the breaks.

What I have replaced.

Breaks all the way around shocks all the way around and new rear springs.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do? Has anyone else had this issue?

When you say brakes...pads only ? pads and rotor? sounds alot like warped rotor.

Comment

When you say brakes, does that include rotors? That's my first guess. Along with a possible sticking caliper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I’m just guessing here but are the rotors trued up and the wheels balanced with good rubber on em? Good luck!

Comment

Have your tires balanced. Did you just replace the brake pads or did you also have the rotors smoothed out? We had the same issue years ago on an expedition. Turned out the rotors were not even. Just take them to a local parts store or brake shop and they could do it on the cheap.

Comment

I am with the rotors or tires group

Comment

Sounds like your rotors are toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If it only does it when you brake, its brakes. Need to do a complete brake job. Odd that brakes are all bad at the same time. You sure the front shimmy isn't causing the rear to hop, or the rear hop causing the front to shimmy? It could be u joints in the rear as well.

Comment

You driving on the original ball joints and tie-rod ends? Check 'em!

cricman

Comment

New pads new rotors new calipers all new ball joints tie rods track bar all new up front except for springs and they are going on next weekend.

Also new tires and they are balanced

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Sounds like your rotors are toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      I would bet your rotors are warped. It will make a truck shake and bounce when the brakes are applied to it. Just had the rotors on my work truck a f-150 replaced. Fords are known for this too.

A brake or front end shop should be able to tell you whats going on

Comment

Ball joints are gone, jack up frontend and start trying to shake things around and see what moves.

Comment

Oh I just saw your last post. It sounds like you have replaced everything I can think of that would cause this.
                          You would think if it is front end alignment it would do it all the time. Bad tire it would do it all the time.

Comment

Yea I am at a loss

Comment

Did this problem start before all the parts were changed or after?

Comment

Working...
                              X