Gas in diesel truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
    Is there a drain plug in a Ford 1999 250?
    If that's a 7.3 shouldn't be a real big problem\I filled my 1997 7.3 with gas
    drove home and almost got home it started sprutting.

Drained all of the gas out I could both tanks changed filter and filled with diesel never had a problem since good luck

Comment

if you just put gas in one of the tanks then just switch to the other tank until you can get the gas out of the other one. you don't have to get all of the gas out. a little gas isn't going to hurt. If you are worryed about it fill up with diesel and run about fourth tank
      and then full up again

Comment

Mine shut off when I did it no big deal

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
          Tying to siphon it all out is a problem. Our choice to discount the fuel line and pump it dry. Just have to figure out which of the 2 lines is the correct one.

Probably a little late, four hours after your post, but disconnect them both. The other one is just a return from the fuel filter bowel.

T

Comment

We are home. We disconnected the pressure side line at the fuel filter, put a 3/8 fuel hose and pumped it into 5 gas cans. After we completely emptied the tank we added fresh diesel and pumped the line clear. Hooked it back up and filled it up.
            Pumping it out that way took over an he. The pump will only run about 6 secs. Before it shut off. Had to turn the key off and back on.

Comment

Sell it and go buy a gasoline powered truck.

Comment

Glad you made it home and seem to have no issues. Awesome that you knew what happened before restarting the engine. A lot of work, but the right thing to do.

T

Comment

Working...
                X