No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, very thick. it would be nearly impossible to get a shot there.

Comment

Looks like a little bowfishing would tide you other between hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Johnny will be shredding that weed pretty soon. Then them hogs will be easier to chase.

Comment

Lets hope he does it soon. I can't believe that the bloodweed grew back again this year, it looked as if it was going to all be dead and gone this year.

Comment

They only shred it on the roads right? Or do they shred it all?

I wish I had my bowfishing bow with me..or at least some old arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              They only shred it on the roads right? Or do they shred it all?

I wish I had my bowfishing bow with me..or at least some old arrows.
              They only shred the paths they use to post the draw hunters.

I concur, as dry as it has been, I am suprised the bloodweed (aka giant ragweed) came up as strongly as it did. It is an annual, so I guess we won't see much reduction until a wildfire comes through and kills all the seeds. Maybe if we get a really wet spring sometime, the grass will get ahead of it and shade it out.
              Last edited by NightStalker; 08-18-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I just got off the first survey for the year tonight.

I was surprised how little bloodweed there was this year. The lake is low and a lot of the areas that were cover up in bloodweed last year were bare.

Didn't see many deer. They're hanging close to the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post

I was surprised how little bloodweed there was this year. The lake is low and a lot of the areas that were cover up in bloodweed last year were bare.

How many hogs did yall see?

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    How many hogs did yall see?
                    Zip zero nada. But that's not unusual. I think I've only seen hog once or twice on a survey over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post

Where all did yall survey?

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                        Where all did yall survey?
                        H,g,f,e. in that order. The next survey is A,B,C,D. I think Johnny has to have 3 of those each season.

Comment

We have not seen any hogs but a few deer at the farm all year and we have a spring feed tank that they come to everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by army_ranger View Post
                            We have not seen any hogs but a few deer at the farm all year and we have a spring feed tank that they come to everyday.
                            Where is your farm

Comment

Originally posted by army_ranger View Post
                              Im betting that they are already back in Granger feeding on the first Pecans, I've been seeing pecans around my place and Somerville, they have perfect protection also with the grass being so high.

Comment

Did another survey Monday night. Less than 20 deer but 24 hogs.

I haven't been down in the pecan trees this summer, are there any pecans at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X