Debit card number hijacked!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debit card number hijacked!!

How the heck did somebody get my Debit card number while I am in Kuwait? I don't use it out and about!! I tried to enter a site on here the other day to assist with a disease research donation and my card number would not take. Coincidence, or scam Somebody used it at a Hyatt Regency more than once!!

Man that's Scary I use my debit for 100% of my purchases & Billings that's scary. Hope you get it resolved!!!

Do you not have ID Protection through your bank?

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
      Man that's Scary I use my debit for 100% of my purchases & Billings that's scary. Hope you get it resolved!!!

Do you not have ID Protection through your bank?
      I do, they caught it, but they also cancelled my card!!! Now I have to wait for a new one in the mail!! Arrrghhhhh

Comment

Had this happen to me a couple of month ago, now I only use my credit card for everything.

Comment

Do you ever pull money out of an ATM? There are devices know as "Skimmers" which look almost identical to a normal ATM and basically if you slide your card through that it stores your Info. Google Search ATM Skimmer
          Last edited by Nado; 05-29-2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Mine got jacked one time. Dumb Perps ordered pizza 8 times in a row from the same place and all for delivery. Popo wouldn't tell who it was but did say they wouldn't be getting pizza for a long long time where they were going. Bank reimbursed me and issued new cards. I check my account at least twice a week ever since.

Comment

Glad you caught it and they cancelled the card, had it happen with my American Express in stinking Wendy's in Waxahachie one day at lunch. My boss called me while I was traveling back south and asked if I had booked a flight on Southwest, after a "no" from me it was cancelled.

Comment

Damm I hate a Thief

Comment

man...so sorry that happened. Hope they get justice!!

Comment

Had it happen to me also. Somebody spent $1700 at a Home Depot in San Antonio.

Comment

Mine and the wifes got popped a few years back.
                      I noticed it when checking my account online and saw different hotels being paid for around Europe.

Comment

Mine too about a year or two ago. Bank called to let me know when someone tried to use a fake card with my debit card info (even though I had my debit card with me) at a Walmart in Irving. Told the bank I had never been to the Irving Walmart. Card was immediately canceled and new one mailed out.

Same thing happened to my credit card when someone charged $1200 worth of stuff at a store in Kentucky.

Have no idea how these thieves do it, but I've since gotten an RFID-blocking wallet just in case. Have heard there is thieving technology that can scan your credit/debit cards while in your wallet/pocket. An RFID-blocking wallet or sleeve can help prevent that supposedly.

Comment

United Kingdom hacked Rita's card last week

Comment

I may go to all cash!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              I do, they caught it, but they also cancelled my card!!! Now I have to wait for a new one in the mail!! Arrrghhhhh
                              Sounds like the system worked perfectly!!! Still hate thieves no matter what country they are scamming from.
                              Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                              Glad you caught it and they cancelled the card, had it happen with my American Express in stinking Wendy's in Waxahachie one day at lunch. My boss called me while I was traveling back south and asked if I had booked a flight on Southwest, after a "no" from me it was cancelled.
                              Yep........it don't matter if credit or debit card the monies are replaced rather quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X