No announcement yet.

Game camera survey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my Covert 3G. Best cam I ever bought.

Comment

Another vote for the Bushnell Trophy Cam.

Load them up with Lithium AA's and they run for months! I was constantly changing batteries in others. Pictures are plenty good enough for me. I'm not looking for frame-able quality photos just reliable scouting info. It sucks checking cards and finding a trail cam with dead batteries. You get it home and figure out it died two days after you set it up. And then you find out all you got is 1200 pictures of raccoons.

Comment

Bushnell Trophy Cam HD($180 Amazon), Moultrie M880 or M80 series, or the new Browning Strike Force

Comment

A-5

Comment

Guy at work has both the new Cuddebacksand the night pics seem blurry to me
            Day lights look good new so unsure about Battery life
            If they would have stayed in original styles (I owned for 4yrs)from beginning just changed from flash to IR and D batteries to AA they wiuld be the camera to beat but they changed everything and went down hill in my opinion
            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 10-22-2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DDH View Post
              I have had 8 Steath cams, 6 were POS, maybe 1 year working, of the 2 I have now, (2yrs old) one will work maybe and the other works great. I currently have 2 Leopod1's- another gamble if they are going to work week to week - POS

This about the stealth cams...they are garbage imho

Comment

Originally posted by Cbrown85 View Post
                This about the stealth cams...they are garbage imho
                x2! Wont use if free

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                  Guy at work has both the new Cuddebacksand the night pics seem blurry to me
                  If they would have stayed in original styles (I owned for 4yrs)from beginning just changed from flash to IR and D batteries to AA they wiuld be the camera to beat but they changed everything and went down hill in my opinion
                  The new Cuddeback Long Range IR is a pretty solid camera so far...especially for $149.

No issues yet. Long battery life, the pics are 20MP so take up alot of room(big SD card), and it seems to have a very good trigger.

I am interested in the Cuddeback Color camera...do you have any experience with it?

Comment

Guy at work has both the new Cuddebacksand the night pics seem VERY blurry to me

Comment

I'm running a Covert Code Black 3g & the new Cuddiebacks haven't had any issues with either

Comment

Originally posted by swanjts View Post
                        My Moultrie M-880's work great.
                        Same here. Bought another one this season after running 2 for the past year.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Bushnell Trophy Cam HD($180 Amazon), Moultrie M880 or M80 series, or the new Browning Strike Force
                          x2

Comment

They all will fail on you, just depends how soon. I've been buying the $40 ones from tractor supply and they have been good so far.

Comment

I've generally been cost-conscious in making my selection, so I most recently bought the Primos Truthcam 35 Ultra. It got good reviews for what it is, etc.
                              However, I've already returned it for a new one and I still don't get all of the pictures I should. I pulled the card after a morning sit and it didn't take pictures of the two young 8 points I had watched for 5 minutes under my feeder.
                              When it does take pictures, they are pretty good.

Comment

Wow I just bought a little acorn to put up by feeder. Hmmm I hope I did the right thing. We will see. Any body have used this?

Comment

Working...
                                X