Moultrie Trail Cam Customer Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie Trail Cam Customer Service?

Anybody have good or bad experience with Moultrie customer service? I went crazy with buying 6 Moultrie cameras last year (3 Moultrie wide angle 150 and 3 Moultrie 80XTs) last year and now several of them just one month out of warranty coverage , are unuseable. Checked every thing I could find.All settings, batteries, sd cards and camera positioning are good. Guess I will have to pull them and send them back to Moultrie for repairs. Just wondering if anyone may have had the following problems and were you able to either correct it yourself or how was your experience with Moultrie repair work.

Moultrie Wide Angle 150 --- night photos black, no flash
    Moultrie 80XT ---shoots maybe 10 photos than stops
    Moultrie 80XT ---- in one week shot literaly 8995 pics of nothing but blank pasture and won't trigger if I walk back and forth, wave, jump etc. in front of it.

Love my Covert Black Ops, and picked up 2 new Browning Strike Force yesterday. but I would sure appreciate anyone who might have some feedback on these Moultries. Thanks!

had same problem with them 10 years, won't go back. Bought Reconyx never have had a problem with them except 1 time I messed the settings up. I called Reconyx guy on other end walked me right through it. Very nice people and easy to deal with. JMO
    thanks

Comment

Bought 3 Moultrie 880's early last year. I had very similar problems that you had (especially taking pictures of nothing). I literally placed one them facing a blank wall and it took 225 pictures. Customer service was of no help. I took them back in less than a month.

Comment

I have 2 moultries and had issues with them. I spent some time on the phone and this is what they told me. Remove the memory card and the batteries from the camera. Turn the camera on while the batteries are removed.... Leave it turned on for 10 minutes. Turn the camera off and install batteries. Turn camera on. After camera starts up normally.... Mine gives a msg that no card is installed. Turn the camera off. Take your memory card and put in your computer and do a Complete format of the card this takes 10 minutes or so on my computer. Install memory card and turn camera on. I was also told not to view the cards on a camera only on a computer. So far this has fixed my problem. It is a pita to deal with sometimes but so far so good. Hope this helps you.

Comment

I had issues with one M80 last year. Customer service was extremely helpful and first had me install new software downloaded from their website and do a hard restart. Fixed camera and it is going fine a year later. Rep said if that didn't work or it messed up to send it back and they would repair or replace. It was out of warranty and I explained that, but was told that it would still be taken care of. Basically the camera would come on and take a couple of pictures and then just freeze up or go dead. My uncle has had a camera or two mess up and were about a year out of warranty. Same deal. He sent them back and they sent him new cameras.

Comment

Had bad experience with first point of contact but once on the phone with manager it was great.

Comment

I can't speak to the M80's but my 990i has been flawless and takes great pictures, However my buddy bought the 990i also and had problems with it... Moultrie sent him a brand new camera quickly with no hassle.

Comment

I have a dozen M80XD's (bought several of the 2-packs of Amazon). Some of them are 4 years old now. Had one that gave the famous "card lock" signal and would not reset. Customer service gave ma a RMA and I sent it back. Within a few days, I got a brand new one in the mail... Only one I've had fail so far (Knock on wood!_) What little experience I have had with their customer service has been good... Now their feeders... that's a whole other story and not a pretty one... ONLY thing I use that has Moultrie's name on it is Cameras.

Comment

I had an issue with one of mine and all they said that if its still under warranty they will look at it. If not then oh well. But out of 5-6 moultries I've had, only that one has given me an issue. But I buy all of mine from Bass Pro and if it has an issue they will swap it for me no questions asked

Comment

Most of what I run. I have tried them all and find them to be one of the best cameras on the market EXCLUDING RECONYX because I don't have $500 for a camera.

All mine have lasted 1.5+ years minimum

Comment

I have an issue with my M80 right now. After about a year it randomly stopped turning on. I called customer service and after a 10 minute hold someone finally picked up. The lady had me try a few things, turn it on, remove the batteries, etc. I told her that every time I tried to send it in I would get a solid black display. I was told to send it in for repair. The camera was delivered to Moultrie on 10/1. I called them a week late on 10/8 and after another 10 minute hold someone answered and said they would check on it. After about 5 minutes, they came back and said that they had received it, and it's 25% done.... I still don't know what that means or how they get a percentage when diagnosing what is wrong. I told them it's currently deer season and I would really like to get it back quickly. Unfortunately I still have not gotten an update from them. I'll try calling again today if I get a chance.

Comment

I have a new M880 that I am taking back.
                        Takes way to many pictures and not easy to program.
                        I have called twic, on hold 5 min. each time and then get a recording that the system is broke. Just like the camera I guess.

Comment

I have 2 m80/m80x cameras the m80 still good so far the m80x
                          Has no IR flash but still works I did call them and they recommended me just buy another camera because its a $50 min charge for repairs and then shipping it would be about the same as a new one !!
                          no more Moultrie products for me!!

Comment

Working...
                          X