Gus Engeling - Gun Deer Either Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gus Engeling - Gun Deer Either Sex

i was drawn today for the dec 15-19 hunt. any pointers from any of you guys that have previously hunted there?

It's a good hunt, but not an easy hunt. For folks that normally just stare at a timed corn feeder, they will have problems. Seems like the actual compartment is not as important as where you hunt in the compartment. Look for trails, food sources, funnels, ect. Get up high in the tree if you can. There are a lot of good trees for climbing stands.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks pale horse, I've hunted richland chamber quite a few times, suspect it will be similar. I feel like my odds are much better on the gun hunt though

Comment

Yea, they will be better. It's so thick in most places that a gun is only a partial advantage. Where I was hunting, a 50 yard shot was a long one. I used a 12 gauge slug just for kicks and I never missed my rifle once.

Comment

If I had to choose between the two, I would rather hunt the last week of October on Rich than the rifle at Gus....but the old growth at gus is truly spectacular....you will enjoy it for sure...

Comment

Oh, most importantly, hunt the ridges on the north pastures, if you can get one..

Comment

Working...
            X