Which metal saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which metal saw

So having moved I'm having to get a metal saw for some feeder, blind and general metal work.

I have it narrowed down to horizontal band saw, regular abrasive chop saw, and the dry cut chop saw.

I've used all three and each has its perks but what do yall prefer?

If I could justify the cost of a horizontal band saw that's big enough to cut the stuff I want, my choice would be that. Otherwise, the chop saw. That's what I have used for the last 15 years...beats a torch.

Comment

I use hand held band saw , chop saw, 4"grinder with cutting wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by gusman View Post
        I use hand held band saw , chop saw, 4"grinder with cutting wheel.
        +1

Comment

Comment

Hand held band saws are awesome. Takes some practice to get good at it. Although my preference is my cold cut chop saw. They run about 600-750 most everywhere. Found it on Amazon for 425.

If you have you have used an abrasive saw before or have one and buy a cold cut saw, you'll throw the abrasive saw in the trash.

My band saw and my cold cut saw are dewalt.

Highly recommend either one.

Comment

I run a 14" regular chop saw, die grinders with cutting discs, 4.5" grinder with cutting discs, and a plasma torch for all my cutting needs. I'd have a stationary band saw too if I had room.

Comment

I have a chop saw and 7 x 12 harizontal band saw. I use the chop saw the most because it is easy to get out and set up. That said, there are some things I can do with the band saw that I can't do with the chop saw.

Comment

Working...
                X