Limbdriver Pro V Help/Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I really need some good input on this rest. I am really considering trying this out. I am providing three photos to explain my dilemma. I love my new 2014 Carbon Spyder but as you can tell the design of the cable rod extends out some from riser. I took some old string to simulate having a top limb route cable for the Limb driver pro v. My question is, does anyone else have a set up like it? Have any problems or what would be the best choice of these three? I could either go over my hogg-it mount, under or actually the cable rod and back thru the riser. I'm hoping someone has a something similar or a situation with their Pro-V which causes it to rub some. I called limb driver and they have said they do it all the time, the rubbing don't concern me, what does is it catching on something or effecting the accuracy. Any input would be nice.

Message Ragin he's very knowlegdable.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

All of those surfaces are rounded and finished. What could it catch on? I bet it will be fine.

Comment

Ahh, the cord that never gets in the way of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Ahh, the cord that never gets in the way of anything.

It's not in the way of nothing. It's perfectly fine. If anything it has it tucked and for sure won't catch on anything.

Run it on pic # 1

Comment

What if you move the dovetail out a little bit so there is less hanging off the backside? Should be more accurate in theory with longer sighting axis. Kind of like rifle vs pistol. Probably still some riser contact but less to deal with in terms of the sight. Also, there is a chance the cord attachment is out further on the actual limbdriver. I have one order but have not put my hands on one yet. I know my buddy that owns the shop put one on a 2014 hoyt and it worked.

Comment

Also the QAD and ProV aren't the same width so I bet you the cable will be out farther than your QAD sticks out

Comment

the pro-v is not as low profile as the qad so it won't be as bad.

Comment

String on the pro V will be further to the out side of rest. Push your sight out farther and it will work just fine.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm gonna pick one up and give it a shot. Heard the accuracy of it is exceptional. I just really like the idea of it hold the arrow before flight way longer than the qad. Not to mention anytime you run anything of the down cable you take a risk of playing with the timing on a binary cam design.

Comment

Actually went with the Hamskea Versa rest. Can't find one bad review and all my buddies are shooting it and all have said the same collective thing. That it is the last rest you will ever want to use. It's expensive but have heard that it blows every other rest out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                        X