Clifton TX Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clifton TX Hunting?

Anybody on the good ol Green Screen live out that way or hunt out there? I'm gonna be headin out there in a week or two to visit some of my girlfriends family land. Im told they have feeders but no cameras. Not expecting too much but figured I'd check and see if anybody had any luck out there. Deer would be nice but a piggy would do just fine. Thanks guys.

I live about 10 mins from Clifton, and there are plenty of deer in the area.

Comment

Awesome! Seen any pigs running around?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw some hogs feeding on the side of Highway 22 just south of Highway 56. There are around, but not sure where exactly you will be hunting at. You have a fairly good chance of seeing some.

Comment

There is good deer in that area. A ton of hogs too.

Comment

Friend of mine who lives there got a 140" buck last week. Seems to be some pretty good deer in that area.

Comment

Use to hunt some white tail over in clifton...some nice deer around that area as well

Comment

Sounds like this could be a better weekend than I was expecting!!

Now I just have to figure out how to balance her family and my addiction lol

Comment

There are some nice does running around that area too!!!!
                  just saying.
                  good hunting up there!!!!!!

Comment

I remember a TTHA article from years back that identified the 12 or so big buck counties in the state of Texas. You had South Texas and the Panhandle represented and in the middle of the state Bosque County was colored in as well. There are some great deer killed in Bosque County each year. The main problem is there are not a lot of big ranches and bucks are not allowed to mature. You should see good numbers with potential for big deer depending on your neighbors.

Comment

Hey Alan,

I hunt off of hwy 22 just NW of Cranfils Gap. Where I am its kinda spotty with big bucks and hogs, but just up the road 2 miles they have plenty of hogs.
                      This year has been good since we ran off the four wheeler fools that were on the lease
                      the last few years. I have seen a few 120 to 140's in the area. There are several high fence places around. So you might get a chance at a stray exotic that gets loose after all of the rain this weekend. Give me a holler if i can answer any questions. Let me know if there is any good eatin places in Clifton, im getting sick of the Horney Toad in the Gap and Meridian only has a mexican and chineese food after 7.
                      Good luck Brother

Comment

I used to hunt double creek farms out that way. Used to work for em to. Lots of deer out there. And my buddy shot around a 155 out in the area last year. Not exactly what it scored but close.

Comment

Originally posted by brianwalker42 View Post
                          Hey Alan,

I hunt off of hwy 22 just NW of Cranfils Gap. Where I am its kinda spotty with big bucks and hogs, but just up the road 2 miles they have plenty of hogs.
                          This year has been good since we ran off the four wheeler fools that were on the lease
                          the last few years. I have seen a few 120 to 140's in the area. There are several high fence places around. So you might get a chance at a stray exotic that gets loose after all of the rain this weekend. Give me a holler if i can answer any questions. Let me know if there is any good eatin places in Clifton, im getting sick of the Horney Toad in the Gap and Meridian only has a mexican and chineese food after 7.
                          Good luck Brother
                          I love me some Hory Toad! There is a new place called Tuggles in Meridian. Pretty decent food.

Comment

Hopefully DR D will chime in since he lives in Clifton, but I really like Bosque county for both deer and hogs.

Comment

I've been in Clifton my whole life. Who's place and where? The hunting is pretty good around here, as stated above. I also have a tracking dog if y'all need it.
                              D

Comment

Working...
                              X