Boar hog 7/19/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boar hog 7/19/2011

Recently I have had the urge to get a hog with my new Strother Valor and the feeling has not let up so I figured I might as well cure it with a kill. I put some corn in the feeder on a place not too far from the house and within 4 days I was getting pics of a lot of hogs hitting the feeder every night. No big ones like this past winter but a lot more smaller ones. One black boar got my attention because of his limo looking body.

[IMG][/IMG]

Well Meg was having "supper club" with all the ladies at the house last night and knew it would be a good excuse for me to get out and hunt. I got into the tripod at 7 pm and the feeder went off at 7:30. A little while later I can see some legs walking through the thick mesquite and to my suprise it was this...

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the first deer I have seen on the place. The fawn walked right up to the set of mesquite I was in and finally wandered off. As the fawn left I got more excited about the evening hunt. As it got darker my feeder started to look more and more like a 7/11.

[IMG][/IMG]

As it got later and later I started thinking about the late times that the boar had been coming in. Well 9:30 I start hearing hogs coming in and within seconds 5 hogs were under the feeder lights. I started shaking like I do every time and picked out the limo and waited for my shot. I should have turned on my pin light but descided not to . I drew back 4 times on the boar until finally I got the quartering away shot that I wanted. I anchored and touched the hog light and the boar started to glow and I set the pin where I thought I wanted it and touched the trigger and the Tekan tore another one up! The hogs scattered and I could hear mine moaning and growling out in front of me. I sat there and shook for a few minutes as I replayed the scene in my head. After a good 30 min wait I got out of the stand and started to look for my arrow and blood. The only light I has was my hog light which was pretty much non helpful so I walked to the 4wheeler and drove over to where I last heard him moaning and sure enough there he was. I tied him to the wheeler and loaded him on the trailer and headed home. I didnt take the time to get a proper LDP but I got a TP (trailer pic )

[IMG][/IMG]

I hit him a little further back and higher that I wanted but still got lungs and he didnt go 40 yds. If I had a mulligan I would have turned on my pin light so I knew exactly where the pin was when I let it go.

Thanks for reading. Now it is Megans turn!

Congrats, nice hog!

Comment

Well done, Derek.

Any Supper Club pics?
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
        Well done, Derek.

Any Supper Club pics?
        Ill keep those to myself If I had any I would be sharing thats for sure

Comment

sweet story! nice hog too. congrats!

Comment

Good Job Derek!!!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Nice pig!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nothing like a little evening fun!! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

good pig!

Comment

What the heck is SUPER CLUB? If it means I can hunt more my wife needs to be in one or five!!!!

Comment

Pretty hog...how much land you got to hunt on?

Comment

Way to poke a hole in a pig!
                              Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X