Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool idea, best of luck....

Comment

Nice! I hope that thing comes home HEAVY!

Comment

Cool idea. Good luck.

Comment

I've heard of guys filling the bottom of a chest freezer about 12" deep with water and let it freeze solid. Then, just keep it closed while you travel and plug it in when you can (or use a converter to power through your truck battery). You could do this with a brand new freezer and come out cheaper than a YETI.

Comment

Dry ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
              I've heard of guys filling the bottom of a chest freezer about 12" deep with water and let it freeze solid. Then, just keep it closed while you travel and plug it in when you can (or use a converter to power through your truck battery). You could do this with a brand new freezer and come out cheaper than a YETI.
              Brand new freezer and generator cheaper than a yeti even close to the same size. I know guys that hunt elk that have a chest freezer on the trailer and freeze the meat when they leave Colorado, just throw a few bags of ice on it and it will make it all the way back to Texas just fine.

Comment

Why the vents for dry ice?

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                  Why the vents for dry ice?
                  It is recommended not to store Dry Ice in a completely airtight container. The sublimation of Dry Ice to Carbon Dioxide gas will cause any airtight container to expand or possibly explode.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                    It is recommended not to store Dry Ice in a completely airtight container. The sublimation of Dry Ice to Carbon Dioxide gas will cause any airtight container to expand or possibly explode.
                    Yikes!

Comment

That's one d a m n good idea. Did you place insulation on the floor of it also? Hard to tell from the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                        That's one d a m n good idea. Did you place insulation on the floor of it also? Hard to tell from the pic.
                        Yes. Didn't have sheet in when I took pic. I was drilling drain holes

Comment

Good idea i hope you fill it.

Comment

that's what I'm talking about

Comment

Working...
                            X