Mathews chill problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews chill problems

Just thought I would pass this along. I have had 2 brand new chills in the past week and a Half. The first one cracked a limb b4 I had ever shot it the first time I drew it back. The second cracked a limb with less than 100 shots through it.

Off to find a new bow. Hoyt or elite here I come.

Mathews is a sponsor on this site. This really surprises me. I guess I don't blame you for giving up on them, but Mathews has always had good limbs. What are you going to do with your Chill?

Comment

Good luck, use to there were only 2 makers of limbs, Gordon Glass and Barnesdale that supplied all the bow makers. Don't know if it has changed or not. If this is not right please correct me, I like to try and stay updated as possible.

Comment

Only problem with getting a Hoyt or elite...you gotta end up shooting it.

Let mathews make it right.

Comment

Is this the same bow that was dry fired?

Comment

Welcome to the hoyt family! Haha! But seriously, I've heard of a couple other ppl with the same problem, and they got new bows for free from mathews. Maybe just try contacting them or trying to get a fair trade for a new creed

Comment

I am sure they all have their problems. I have owned three Mathews and had to replace limbs on two of them! I am curious as to how many limb makers there are as mentioned earlier. It seems as if everyone is pushing everything to the extremes of the components and I guess that is what you get!

Comment

Mathews has a lifetime warranty on the limbs if you are the original owner, I have owned a mathews for over 10 years and never had an issue with customer service in fact I cracked a limb on my MQ-1 several years ago and took it in and they replaced the limbs for 150 which wasn't bad since I was the second owner of the bow. Call Mathews and let them make it right, if they don't then switch

Comment

Time to go Bowtech or Elite! I'd hit up customer service first though

Comment

I would contact Mathews bf going off the deep end and shooting anything else

Comment

Originally posted by BOHICA View Post
                      Mathews has a lifetime warranty on the limbs if you are the original owner, I have owned a mathews for over 10 years and never had an issue with customer service in fact I cracked a limb on my MQ-1 several years ago and took it in and they replaced the limbs for 150 which wasn't bad since I was the second owner of the bow. Call Mathews and let them make it right, if they don't then switch
                      X2 if u bought it used sombody could have dry fired it but I would call mathews and talk to them they are real nice people to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        Mathews is a sponsor on this site. This really surprises me. I guess I don't blame you for giving up on them, but Mathews has always had good limbs. What are you going to do with your Chill?
                        David is taking it back for me and sending it back. I had it less than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Is this the same bow that was dry fired?
                          I've never dry fired any bow

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_bowhunter86 View Post
                            X2 if u bought it used sombody could have dry fired it but I would call mathews and talk to them they are real nice people to deal with
                            Both were new out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                              Only problem with getting a Hoyt or elite...you gotta end up shooting it.

Let mathews make it right.
                              The problem with them making it right is what tells me that it won't happen again. It happened this time at the deer lease b4 I was about to go pig hunting. I leave for Colorado in a few weeks. Not sure how Mathews would make it right if it happens on the side of a mountain

Comment

Working...
                              X