No announcement yet.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so does this mean he'll be making the tip by himself at this point? He would if it were my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Longstick View Post
      so does this mean he'll be making the tip by himself at this point? He would if it were my friend
      He dang sure won't be riding with me!

Comment

A few years ago a friend(Andy) helped me hang loc-ons the day before season in the DCNF. I had a hurt back and told him i would put him on a good spot if he would help me. I took him to 4 of my top secret spots and hung Noth wind and south wind stands for each of us. He shot a small buck and his first with a bow the next day. We put up glow tacks for him to follow as I NEVER marked trails to these spots.

The next year he had taken a job out of state. I went to one of my spots way before daylight with a climber opening morning and there was a truck parked right where i went in. I sneaked in really quiet to my tree and there was a guy in it! Of all trees in the DCNF he was in the one I wanted to hunt. i went to another spot.

About 11am my ph rang from a number I didnt know. The guy told me his name and said "Andy" had given him my number in case something happened. He told me where he was hunting and that he had gut shot a big buck but didnt know the woods and was afraid he would get lost. Wanted me to help him. Turned out to be the guy in my tree. He had worked with my friend and he had told him to follow the glow tacks. I was angry.....

Comment

I know a lot of folks I think a lot of but only 5 or 6 that I consider friends.
          Those fellows are welcome to anything I own. If they are having a slow year, I will pay their way to have them around.

That fellow was no friend of yours

Comment

While I can certainly understand the situation, don't give up on finding a good hunting buddy, they are out there. The last 10 or so years have been the best of my life with my hunting because I have about the best hunting buddy a man could have. Some of you guys have met my hunting buddy, Andy before. You just cannot imagine a more generous person than he is. We tell each other every thing about every hunt as it has helped us tremendously in getting on good deer and patterning them. We have both killed really good deer in each others stand and are happy as punch when we do. Hope you find another hunting buddy that you can scheme with like I have.

Comment

Well he finally read the posts on the other site that I emailed him. I had 3 missed calls and a text from him saying call me. So I did. He wanted to know why I didnt call him to go with me to the 3D shoot Saturday! Duh...
              So he wants to know what's going on??? Told him i just wanted to let things be. Then he tells
              me how everyone says im greedy when it comes to deer hunting! I say oh really! He says yeah you hog all the good spots. Ok now he's crying! Why did I post that on the website? That it really hurt his feelings! Then he tells me he never called the land owner, that he did that to show me how greedy and selfish I am!!!! Told him your way behind because I called him the next day. I then asked him who does stupid stuff like that to their friend? Again he says it's to prove how greedy I am. Well I preceded to let him know how I felt, reminded him of all the places I have brought him, the money I have loaned him, how I always said don't worry about gas money just get in the truck. He complained about me bringing my girlfriend at the time hunting with me up there and getting her on her first ever bow kill. I pushed him to the side for her. The entire time bawling! Really dude?
              Come to find out his brother has been pumping him up to bring him up there and filled his head with all kinds of crap. He never once said I apologize. Just keep saying how I need to open my eyes and see how selfish I am......
              Last edited by SwampGhost; 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                Well he finally read the posts on the other site that I emaed him. I had 3 missed calls and a text from him saying call me. So I did. He wanted to know why I didnt call bingo go with me to the 3D shoot Saturday! Duh...
                So he wants to know what's going on??? Why did I post that on the website that it really hurt h
                Tell him to reread this thread again and actually process what everyone said...

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Tell him to reread this thread again and actually process what everyone said...
                  There was 11 pages of comments on the other site! Like someone said he probably didn't read past the first 5 comments.
                  If he didn't get it by now, he ain't gonna! It's sad I tell ya...

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                    There was 11 pages of comments on the other site! Like someone said he probably didn't read past the first 5 comments.
                    If he didn't get it by now, he ain't gonna! It's sad I tell ya...
                    This is when I would shake his hand, tell him I'll see him around sometime, and delete his info from my phone. He doesn't get it and won't. No telling how long he's been talking about you behind your back.

Comment

I call BS on him.

He's not a friend.

He's a POACHER.

Comment

Very sad. Amazing how character flaws can go unnoticed for so long, especially in those you consider a close, personal friend. I hope he eventually sees he's in the wrong and he's the selfish one. You sir handled it much better than I'm afraid I could have. Good for you and sorry it had to happen, but IT HAD TO HAPPEN.

Comment

Working...
                        X