Leaving a Lease is Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving a Lease is Hard

I have hunted with some great people here on TBH in the 2-3 leases that I have had here in Texas. Some of those guys made a lasting impression on me and taught me lots about hunting. DiamondS, The Arrower, CornSlinger (Bone Thug), KingsX, Smart (God did i just say that), AntlerCollector, and RascalArms all come to mind.

Leaving a deer lease is a hard decision these days with the lack of availability that is out there, but I cam across a steal of a deal and I just can't pass it up.

460 acres inside high fence, split right down the middle with a low fence. Land also has a year round running spring fed creek through the middle of the land. Owned by two separate gentlemen, one of them i worked with for 3 years until he retired. I will have access to 230 of it for whitetail, but I will have full access to the entire 460 for Axis. Oh, and man oh man do they have some big axis on this place. Did I mention Turkey's? The property is loaded with those also... All of this for a total price yearly of $1250 for year round access

I was driving 2.5 hours to Eldorado, but now I will be driving for 20 minutes and hunting right here outside of Brackettville. The great thing is that since it is high fence I won't have to worry about letting a buck go and him getting shot on the neighbors land. I am excited!

Stay tuned for pics, stories and hopefully LDP's from this year.

You guys that deal with high fence, can you offer me some advice on the best way to get started building a good deer herd? What are some of the things to watch out for?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bowsticker; 07-19-2018, 07:44 AM.

Congrats and Good Luck!

Comment

Wow! That is a good deal for you right there!

I want in on one of the Axis hunts! Heck, I will pay your asking price as well as put in some sweat equity for a day if you need some help. lol

Building a good herd starts out with asking what are your visions as far as the type of herd you want? What genetic traits do you look for in a WT rack?

Most of all.... CONGRATS!
      Last edited by SB09; 07-19-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Steal! Good luck !

Comment

Good luck Jamie. Hope it’s all that you are looking for. Heck, I’d trade my 6 hour drive for that 20 mins myself.

Comment

Congrats and put me first in line on that axis hunt!!

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in an axis hunt for my two kids. Would love for them to be able to shoot one.

Comment

Nice! Count me in for an axis when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put me on your contact list for an axis hunt when you get around to it! I'd love to find a place like that.

Comment

Awesome deal

Comment

I will say, we did get a lease closer to home for a few years and it wasn't the same. Became a rush, 1 day trip rather than a weekend trip with lease buddies. Back to driving 4 hours and staying the weekend!

Comment

Leaving a Lease is Hard

Jeff and Joel say thank you for feeding their new pope and young bucks all year[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Jeff and Joel say thank you for feeding their new pope and young bucks all year[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]
                          That is fine....Better than the neighbor getting them

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            Good luck Jamie. Hope it’s all that you are looking for. Heck, I’d trade my 6 hour drive for that 20 mins myself.
                            Thank you Joel.....

Comment

You are so right. It is always hard to leave a lease with friends. The flip side is it is so exciting to have new horizons. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X