Upgrade Bow components VS buy new bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Bow components VS buy new bow

I have a 5yr old Bear compound that is needing new strings and an upgraded rest. Rest is currently a Whisker Biscuit. I haven't priced bows in 5 years and I was blown away at the prices of them now! North of $1,000. Not sure if I should drop some cash and upgrade mine. Or upgrade mine and sell then buy new???

i have a nice elite impulse 31 draw length set at 27.5 but adj by modules cheap new strings fully loaded qad drop away rest and apex site shot very little asking 550 obo

Comment

Thanks, will keep that in mind as I'm looking to do something within the next few weeks.

Comment

New

Comment

I have a Moxie Fearce with a 29" draw and 60#, QAD rest and an Option 4 sight. $600 0bo

Comment

More than likely that new bow is not going to make you shoot any better than the one you have now, especially in the long run, but initially you probably will shoot better, but to me it would just be a mental thing. Invest in a great rest, sight and stabilizer and upgrade your arrows if need be. Just my opinion.

Comment

buy used. you can find some really kickin deals on bows that are basically new, just 1-2 years old

Comment

there are a lot of very good new bows for way less than 1000,, without buying a used one,,,, but if you like your bow put a good quality string on it like vapor trail

Comment

If you like the bow itself then just get some new stuff for it. It will make a difference having new strings and rest. But we all want new toys so if your in the mood go down to your local shop and shoot some bows to see what all the hype is about. My 2012 Z7 Extreme will never get sold. That bow just fits me too well.

Comment

Not much of a re-sale market on used bows. Pay 1,000.00 and IF you decide to sale it you'll do good to get 700.00 if that.
                    Just my opinion, but there most likely is nothing wrong with the bow you currently own. Put a new set of strings and cables, change out the rest and relax. New bows do not make deer/intended targets any more dead. My 2012 Quest still is just as good now as it was when I bought it. Though it rarely sees the woods since I have picked up longbows and recurves.
                    I still shoot 60X strings on my compound and make my own dacron strings for my traditional bows.

Comment

What model Bear do you currently shoot?
                      Just bought a set of 60X strings for my Venue for $85 and a QAD rest runs a little over a $100. Haven't checked the price on them for a while. Bought the Venue 4-5 yrs ago. Bought it because I had been shooting a Martin for the last 10 yrs. and wanted to see how things had changed. And they had. Whether you get a new or used bow shoot it first. you may find the one you have just feels better and there fore you probably shoot it better. As Xman 59 says there are a lot of bows out there that you can get for well under what the retail price is. It has become a very crowded field and so many to choose from so good luck and hope you find what you're looking for if you decide to get a new one.

Comment

Upgrade components....strings, rest, sight. If your bow shoots fine dont see spending all that money on new bow. By the way which bear bow you shooting.
                        I SHOOT AGENDA 6, STILL SHOOTS AS FAST AS ANY OF THE NEW BOWS
                        Last edited by 2BigMethod; 07-03-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses.
                          I ran some numbers and I'll spend more than my current bow is worth, BUT not spend as much as buying a new one. Seems like a no brainer now that I've done that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                            there are a lot of very good new bows for way less than 1000,, without buying a used one,,,, but if you like your bow put a good quality string on it like vapor trail

Haven't heard of Vapor Trail, will have to check them out.
                            Thanks

Comment

If you like your bow no need to change put a new rest and strings on it and call it good it will kill the same as a new one I promise! I thought I was wanting a faster bow so I got a halon and it is fast and smooth but I shot the no cam way better and it killed the Deer just as fast as that Halon the arrow may not of got there as fast but it Did the job just as good if not better . I loved that bow wish I had it back !!

Comment

Working...
                              X