WTB 20ga for my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 20ga for my wife

Hoping to get my wife in the field this September. I don’t think she’s ever shot a shotgun. I’m thinking a 20 will be a little softer particularly in an auto loader.
    Not looking to spend too much for this experiment, maybe around $500.

Any recommendation for the gun or getting her comfortable with it?

Bought a rem 11-87 for my wife last year. She loves it, has had zero issues and it was like 550$ new. Has minimal kick and it’s parkerized. Good gun for the money, about the only thing Remington I would buy is an 11-87

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
      Bought a rem 11-87 for my wife last year. She loves it, has had zero issues and it was like 550$ new. Has minimal kick and it’s parkerized. Good gun for the money, about the only thing Remington I would buy is an 11-87
      This!!!

Comment

don't buy a benelli montrefelto. they kick like a mule.

Comment

A gas autoloader is the way to go. Just as important is the fit of the gun. A lot of women need a shorter stock than what most guns come with in order for it to fit, so you might have to get it cut down.

Comment

I've got a Yildiz 28ga O/U I'll sell for $425. Great starter dove gun without the weight of an auto. PM for pics.

Comment

There was a 1100 LT special field Remington in the classifieds a few weeks back. Not sure if it sold or not. They are short 21" barrel small receiver gun with a standard length of pull. Great gun for a smaller statured person.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Hoping to get my wife in the field this September. I don’t think she’s ever shot a shotgun. I’m thinking a 20 will be a little softer particularly in an auto loader.

Walmart across from your house. They are super cheap.

Comment

WTB 20ga for my wife

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post

Spend some of that T-mate money and get her a good gun[emoji23].

By the way your invention has solved all my camera mounting problems!

I went to get my wife a 20 Gauge and ended up buying a his and her pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 02-19-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I’ve personally had trouble with the 11-87 and ended up going to the A300. In synthetic it’s light and has adjustable rear stock which might help with fitting her. That’s my .02

Comment

I bought my daughter a yildiz 20 gauge O/U to dove hunt with...She loves it!

Comment

My personal gun is a Beretta. You are correct Homer75 the adjustable stock is a really important consideration.

Comment

My wife had never shot one before 2yrs ago and is very recoil sensitive. She loves my 1100 LT20. Don't be afraid to get an older one if it's in good shape. Mine is 35yes old and runs like a top. Other gas guns are good too but I like the 1100 for her for recoil and very light also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            There was a 1100 LT special field Remington in the classifieds a few weeks back. Not sure if it sold or not. They are short 21" barrel small receiver gun with a standard length of pull. Great gun for a smaller statured person.
                            This is what my wife has and loves it.

Comment

get a youth model 1100.

Comment

Working...
                              X