Suggestions for bow shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for bow shop

I am looking to get my Dad's recurve re-strung, set up, and checked out so that I might be able to hunt with it this year. Anyone have any suggestions on where to take it in the Burnet, Georgetown, Jarrell area? This is the bow that my brother and I used to mess around with when we were little boys and I would like to take a deer with it if I get good enough at shooting it. A lot of sentimental value and nostalgia comes with it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Not sure of a bow shop in your area, but the first things I would be concerned with: are the limbs twisted, any signs of de-lamination, and what poundage is the draw. The bow needs to be safe and pass inspection before re-stringing.

Comment

Just a thought, but you might try to post this thread in the traditional forum as well. A LOT of good guys that can help you.
      Like the above said, it needs to be really closely inspected, and you should make sure you shoot the poundage well.
      If you are close enough to Bob Sarrels he might do you as much good as anyone.

Comment

Double G is in Georgetown. I'm sure they can help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          Not sure of a bow shop in your area, but the first things I would be concerned with: are the limbs twisted, any signs of de-lamination, and what poundage is the draw. The bow needs to be safe and pass inspection before re-stringing.
          That is what I want a bow shop to do. I want someone that knows what they are doing to inspect, check it out, and make sure all is good before I set it up to hunt with.

Comment

You are not going to find much at a bow shop and n that area. Most are all compound oriented, as that is what they sell 99% of, and most bow techs in shops have very little real world experience with trad bows. Calling Bob Sarrels of Sarrels Archery is probably your best bet, and if you get hooked on this trad stuff, you will most likely be getting a new bow from him at some point anyway!

Give us some more info on the bow; make, model, poundage, length, etc.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

May try and call hoffeys in lampasas. Not sure if they do alot of traditional stuff but a great group of guys up there and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Hoffy's Archery in Lampasas is Top Notch!!! Aaron Barton will treat you right!

Comment

Hoffys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leading edge in Bourne

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                      Leading edge in Bourne
                      Is that Jason Bourne?

Comment

If you ever come to the Houston area, Rick Erdmann is at West Houston Archery. He's the guy that made recurves for many years and really knows his stuff on trad gear. Great guy too. When I shoot trad gear, I shoot his Sweptwing 3 piece gull wing pattern models. He can also make you a string for it too if it is usable. Trad gear is Rick's specialty.

Comment

Hoffy's Archery. many options there

Comment

Hoffys in lampasas

Comment

Working...
                            X