No announcement yet.

Reds surf fishing - PINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pretty good pic of what to look for. This would of course all be underwater at high tide.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by captainsling; 08-09-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I know some will question it but the best redfish bait I've ever used is cut lady fish. Get it in a gut/trough. Catching the lady fish is often harder than the reds.

Comment

Small finger mullet live freelined
        I've gotten limits upon limits doing this down south

Comment

Appreciate the info guys. Captain Sling that pic is awesome and is that something we would look for in the 1st gut?

Comment

Very helpful picture of the surf appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              Reds will eat everything on your list. Biggest part is being there when they are. If trout and reds were running the guts everyday boat sales would suck.
              Yep. I like cut mullet because it's easy to come by. Late September, October they should be nice and thick near passes/jetties.

Comment

Originally posted by Got em View Post
                Appreciate the info guys. Captain Sling that pic is awesome and is that something we would look for in the 1st gut?
                Yes sir. Like I said earlier, a lot of people pass up the fish. When the tide is in you can watch how the waves break and learn where is deep and shallow, and where they close out.. Remember, a wave breaks in water half as deep as it is tall.

I am also a firm believer in solunar tables as far as major and minor bites go.
                Last edited by captainsling; 08-09-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Yessir...I’m gonna use this info and hopefully won’t pass up the fish!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X